x

Confusion over setting up store confirmation email

I am very new to this, and recently upgraded to the Business Weebly.  I am trying to configure the settings in the store and am unsure about editing the store emails. 

I am only sellings items that will be shipped, but the confirmation email says "ready for store pick-up".  Is this something I can change, or does weebly automatically make the confirmation email content relevant to each order?  

Does Weebly send these out automatically or do I manually send these?  Same thing with item shipped email?  Sorry I am just unclear about how this all works.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for posting about it, @jra_gourd_art. It shouldn't actually say that in an email unless the fulfillment method is actually pickup. If someone purchases from your store and chooses shipping, it will say that on the email they get. 

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for posting about it, @jra_gourd_art. It shouldn't actually say that in an email unless the fulfillment method is actually pickup. If someone purchases from your store and chooses shipping, it will say that on the email they get. 

Message 10 of 9

Similar to others, my default emails are all set to some type of delivery theme/setting when I am only shipping. What gives? I can't edit the content and all the subject lines of the test messages are - Your download is ready. Please provide an updated solution or confirm how i can test the buy flow - can I test in preview mode or do I need to publish to test end to end?

Message 10 of 9
Square

I'm sorry for the confusion, @wobblymonkey The default text you see is an example of what the email will look like depending on the fulfillment type. If you are only shipping you can disregard the extra information about delivery or digital downloads. 

You can test a purchase on your live site by creating a zero dollar object (make sure to enter a "0" in the price field when setting up the item) or you can create a coupon for 100% off. We do this often when testing customer sites. 

Message 10 of 9

Thanks @Bernadette for getting back to me. I have tried the 0 test cycle to see the email but my checkout functions are not working. All my items are "not available" and my items are set up.

Message 10 of 9

its crazy how much of a puzzle it is to simply be able to customize our emails. i think it could use a re-do, whatevers going on here is not easy to figure out and looks to be confusing more people than helping

Message 10 of 9
Square

What is the address of your website, @wobblymonkey? There's usually one of a couple reasons why your products will say they are unavailable, i.e. you haven't connected to a checkout provider, the fulfillment method set for the items hasn't been set up yet, etc.

Message 10 of 9

@Adam  - wobblymonkeystudio.com is the site. I have signed up with Square as my provider. I had shipping set up at one point but change it to local delivery only to "band aid" the site for now. Any insight would be great

Message 10 of 9
Square

Thanks! It looks like you have the Personal plan, which doesn't support selling any products. You'll need to upgrade to Pro for up to 25 products (anything higher than that supports selling an unlimited number of products).

Message 10 of 9