x

A very simple but custom POS software

I am keen to use Square to accept tips but i need a much simpler interface for customers.

The interface is customer facing so it needs to be very obvious how it works.  

Below is what I have in mind.  A very crude mock up.

Any hints on how I would go about getting something like this developed?

TipTapMockUp.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @MattBaxter,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing feedback about what you'd like to see in Square's POS!

While we don't currently have any plans to develop a customer-facing POS app like this, I've passed this on to our product team for consideration. If you were looking to develop your own solution like this using Square as a payment gateway, you could check out our APIs for developers.

While it's not exactly what you're looking for, you can also read more about turning on tips on the POS app here, if you've not already seen these options!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Sheamus,

So if I point my coder to that API they might be able to put something together for me that could sit on top or next to the existing app?  If that's the case, then that's what I am looking for.  

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @MattBaxter,

Yep, it's more than possible with the right amount of time, resources and skills - though it'd probably require a bit of an investment. If you're serious about getting your own app developed I'd be speaking with a few app developers to get a sense of the scope / cost of a project like this.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks again Sheamus.

I have been using this developer for about 8 years on a wide range of projects.

He is finishing up one project and should be done in a fortnight and then I will get him to do a scope of works.

I have budget for this, but it is a boot strappers budget at the moment.

Message 5 of 5