x

How do I change the code to log into my register? Not the password for the account just a code?

Message 1 of 11
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I change the code to log into my register? Not the password for the account just a code?

Hey! Device codes correspond with your business locations. While you can't set the device code log in, you can reset it if you need to. You can read more about this feature on our Support Center: 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5586-manage-devices-by-location

10 REPLIES 10
Square

Hey! Device codes correspond with your business locations. While you can't set the device code log in, you can reset it if you need to. You can read more about this feature on our Support Center: 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5586-manage-devices-by-location

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 11

While you can't set the device code log in, you can reset it if you need to.

How can you reset it if you need to, While you can't set the device code log in.

If this is not double talk,at best not confuesing. How do you reset something that you can't reset?

Message 3 of 11
Square

I see where you are coming from, thanks for pointing this out! 🙏

What I mean't to say is that you cannot customize the device code login, but you may request to receive a new one (pre-assigned) through the Square Dashboard.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 11

My login code was changed yesterday to my password for my account. How can I get my login code back?

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Hey @Theresa1, welcome to the seller community and sorry to hear about the trouble!

These steps should get you back into your account. If that doesn't do the trick, let our Support Team know and a team member will help sort this out ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 11

You misunderstood. I can login to my account with no problem. I am in it now. What happened was that the  password fo get to my register changed to my password for my account. I want it chaned back. This is not about my account but my register.

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Thanks for your reply, @Theresa1. It might be best to have a team member take a closer look at your account. Please contact our Support Team directly and provide your login email. They'll make sure everything gets set up properly.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 11

Hey Sean,

What is the reasoning for not being able to create my own register passcode. It would seem that a generated code would be harder to remember and therefore slower to retrieve.

Curious to see if this will change with a future update.

Thanks

Michael

Message 9 of 11
Square

@CityKitchennash - While I don't know the exact reasoning, my hunch is because randomly generated pass codes are more secure, as people like to reuse/recycle pins/pass codes. I'll be sure to share your feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 10 of 11

So I was trying to change total info in Square totally new Business Name  nd all email  password then it asked me for a 4 digit pass code i entered but it won't work ND won't let me do nothing with out the code please help 

Message 11 of 11