x

Is there a separate charge for Team Management and Payroll?

I am thinking about moving timecard and payroll functionality over to Square. I can't tell if the $5 per employee for Team Management is the same as, or in addition to, the $5 per employee that Square Payroll charges. Do I have to pay $5 per employee just to start using Square's timecard feature? 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

[This post was updated in 2019]

If you are enrolled in Square's Team Management, you will be charged for $35 per location for separate employee roles, employee permissions, and passcodes. Or, there's a free version of Team Management where you can use one role (called the Team Permissions role) and one set of permissions for all employees. There's more information about Team Management in our Support Center. 

For Square Payroll, if you are paying both contractors and employees you will be charged $29 per month + $5 per employee per month for timecards, payroll processing, payroll taxes and the rest of Square Payroll. If you are paying contractors only the fee is $5 per contactor per month. Detailed information about Payroll Pricing is available in the Support Center.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

[This post was updated in 2019]

If you are enrolled in Square's Team Management, you will be charged for $35 per location for separate employee roles, employee permissions, and passcodes. Or, there's a free version of Team Management where you can use one role (called the Team Permissions role) and one set of permissions for all employees. There's more information about Team Management in our Support Center. 

For Square Payroll, if you are paying both contractors and employees you will be charged $29 per month + $5 per employee per month for timecards, payroll processing, payroll taxes and the rest of Square Payroll. If you are paying contractors only the fee is $5 per contactor per month. Detailed information about Payroll Pricing is available in the Support Center.

Message 2 of 10

So, you're saying "Yes" the $5 per employee on the permissions/roles feature is in addition to the $5 per employee fee on the Payroll feature?

Message 3 of 10
Square

That's correct, @Kt; Employee Management is in addition to Payroll.

Message 4 of 10

Are you looking into a single bundled (lower) fee for "employee manganagment" and "payroll". For 5 employees you are looking at $75 a month. $5 for employee management, $25 for payroll subscription and $5 for each employee. How about a 15% discount to bundle those services?

Message 5 of 10
Admin

@gwuttken I don't have any information about different pricing for Payroll and Employee Management at this time! I'll send this post to our Payroll team though, I agree that a bundle for the two services is a great idea! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

It would be kind of a good idea, specially when you have intuit quickbooks giving discounts when you bundle quickbooks with payroll. 

I was considering square payroll but i realized with quickbooks I get $29 monthly fee and $2 per employee. For small business all these fees add up quite fast. But if there are features an competitive pricing I think it is a no brainer.

Message 7 of 10
Admin

Thanks for your suggestion @cupzcoffeeaz. I'll share this with the Payroll team!

If there is any kind of bundle, or update on pricing, available in future you can be sure we'll let everyone know. 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 10

I'm still confused. I signed up for Payroll, but it is not showing up on my list of subscriptions (perhaps because I haven't run my first payroll yet). I don't want to use Employee Management, just Payroll. But I can't figure out how to have employees clock in/out without adding Employee Management. If they aren't clocking in, how are timecards supposed to be generated?

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hey @GrandeGirls, thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the confusion.

Timecards are included as part of Square Payroll. For more information on getting set up, have a look here: Start Using Timecards with Square Payroll.

You should be able to see a list of all active subscriptions on your Pricing & Subscriptions tab. I can't get into account-specifics in our online forums for privacy purposes but, if you get in touch with our Customer Success team, they can help make sure your subscriptions are enabled properly.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. If you're still encountering any issues or have any remaining questions, please let us know.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 10 of 10