x

As a new user of Square, I'm having trouble with uploading a photo to our profile for our CC receipt

I have my logo, but when I'm in my profile it doesn't let me search for a photo. It just says take photos. I tried to take a photo of our business card "that was terrible", I need to delete too. Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

Perhaps you could try on a different device or in another browser.  On my computer, I'm able to click on Upload when hovering over the logo in my settings, and it opens up a dialog box to choose an existing photo.  On my iPhone, a list of my albums appears under the Take Photo button.

Message 2 of 12
Square

@Quaillodgelakea - Welcome, and sorry to hear about the issue! I think that @VanKalkerFarms might be onto something. 

What browser are you using? I find that Google Chrome works pretty well (and it's a free download).

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 12

I downloaded a picture for my Receipts and entered all my new info on the Public Profile..... And it will not 

save the info or pictures , no matter how many times I re-do it?????

Message 4 of 12
Square

Sorry to hear that, @jmarie. Are your trying to update from the app or your Dashboard online? If online, have you tried another browser, as Sean suggested? 

Let us know and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Message 5 of 12

Hello everyone,

I am having the same propblem on any pictures I am trying to upload to either my items or backgrounds. When attempting to save an error message says "something went wrong" and will not allow me to create an image for my items. All of my images are jpg and are 720x720.

EDIT: I have tried on both Chrome and Edge still to no avail. 

Message 6 of 12
Square

Hmm, I'm not sure, @Master_Dickens. When I test this with my account I'm able to add and save various images without an error (also using Chrome.) The next thing I would suggest is clearing your cache/browsing data to see if that resolves it. Otherwise, give our support team a call so they can try to upload the images with you. Thanks for the heads up!

Message 7 of 12

Same issue uploading the picture to my receipts and already tried different browsers. Any other suggestion?

Message 8 of 12
Square

@oecheverri - First, have you tried again today? We did have a brief issue yesterday that could have affected this functionality. If so, and you're still having issues - have you tried uploading a different image as a test? What is the format of your image? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 9 of 12
Beta Member

We too are having this issue but it appears only to be an issue on phones and ipads.

We have tried uploading through the square app on two separate phones and an iPad but it only works on a laptop web browser. Is this a known issue? 

Message 10 of 12
Admin

Hi @Auri. I just went through the steps of uploading a picture on one of my demo accounts through my iPhone and I wasn't having any trouble. Are you getting an error message or is it just not saving?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 12
Beta Member

It appears to be an image size issue.
The mobile app can only upload to the POS items field which is a smaller resolution whereas the website app allows you to access the online items and then you can upload larger images.

Message 12 of 12