x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments

How unfortunate this is not up and running yet. I too am looking for a calendar/booking solution for a client and it sure would be nice if it was through Square since they are already set up with Square. So now not only will I have to go to ANOTHER 3rd party for the calendar/booking, but also will need to use a different pay systems for it too? Ugh!

Has anyone found a work-around way to be able to book multiple people in classes in Appointments?

Hello @Thrive, I've moved your post to this thread since some other sellers had a similar question. We do not have a work around at this time, but we are looking into this feature request. 

This would also be wonderful for me, and others in group activity businesses (tours, adventures, escape rooms, etc.).

Please add my voice to the list of those requesting this feature!

Beta Member

Any word on this as a potential update anytime soon?

Alumni

Hey @RickG - No ETA that we can share at this time, but we will make sure to update this thread with any info on if or when we might implement this.

In the meantime, you can learn more about what bring a feature request to life.

Beta Member

I appreciate it. I completely understand how difficult it is to push a major feature in a mass update like this. And this would definitely be an entirely new way of booking *ie booking vs. appointment*, but yea. We would drop our current booking software and come to Square in a heartbeat for it's easy of integration if we were able to . 

Alumni

Thanks for your understanding and we truly appreciate your patience. Hopefully, we're able to integrate something in the future, but we always encourage our Sellers to do what's in the best interest of their business even if it means using 3rd party products. 🙂

I would also like this service. I tutor students and some appointment times are slotted for groups. Is there a way to be notified when the option becomes available? Or is there a suitable workaround (so that clients can do it themselves)?

Tom,

We deperatley need this feature in order for Square Appointments to work for us. What's the staus?

Thanks,

Dave