x

New update on Customer POS

Do not like the new update to the customer pos. Now you have to go to yet snother screen to do a new sale! Not a fan...

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Thanks for your feedback @imasweettooth. Do you have any other requests as far as you would like to see things work? I can pass on your requests to our team. If you can include screenshots or any other details, that'd be great!

Message 2 of 16

I’m not sure if this is the right thread, but I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that the newest update to the Customers tab on the iPad POS set up requires way too many key strokes now. This is a terrible update. We create customer groups that we use everyday, but the default view now is “All Customers”. In order to get to our groups, that requires a key stroke. In order to add someone to the group, now we have to go into a separate menu to do that. Once I’m done, it bumps me out of the “Group” view and now I have to do the whole thing over again every single time a customer comes in from one of our groups. It needs to go back or be customizable so we have the option of how we want to default view that list. Please! 🙂

I also dislike that you took the “Memo” section out of the customer profile. The notes section is too far down, and you can’t see it unless you go into the customer profile, and we need to be able to see quick notes in the screen without having to use yet another keystroke. And I can’t edit the old ones now either. Please put this feature back!

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Hey @Twistedhornmead, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the issues you've been encountering.

Firstly, appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience with the latest update to Directory and how the changes impacted efficiency with adding a new customer to an existing group. I'll be sure that the appropriate team members see your post. I went to test this out on my account and I had to navigate through to the customer's profile, then navigate through several screens to get back to the directory. We'll return with any additional insight as it becomes available.

As for your point about the Memo section, a few other sellers were running into some issues with that change as well: How to edit the memo section on customer profiles? I went to check for an update for when that will be ironed out completely, but I wasn't able to uncover any developments. Sorry for the confusion on that.

Please do keep in touch, and thanks for your patience as we'll continue to iterate based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 16

Thanks Tom!  I do appreciate it!

Message 5 of 16

Why is there no place to check a customer in? I usually invoice my customers via email because it helps them have a record on mileage and other important information but it makes it look like the customer has never been to the store. 

Message 6 of 16
Admin

Hey @Standpoint, welcome to the Seller Community! It sounds like you'll want to try out Square Appointments, which allows you to set a specific time for your clients. Learn more here: Square Appointments Get Started Guide.

If I'm missing the mark, can you provide a little more information on the issue you're experiencing, or what you're looking for?

We'll keep an eye out for your response. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 16

At least you can get yours to work.  In manually putting in the card number, i can only get as far as expiration date and then it freezes.  The number keypad disappears and the transaction cannot be completed.  Even worse, the customer service features now are worthless.  I've tried calling - it sends you a link to the messaging app and hangs up.  Ive tried the messaging app, which was completely worthless as it seemed like it was a bot who didn't help at all, just kept sending me boxes to click that had nothing to do with my issue with the app.  So far no response in email.  I don't have days to get this working - i need it working NOW.  I have clients needing to pay by card.  Ive already been dealing with this ever since the update.  It was sporadically working at first, now not at all.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've done a force stop.  I'm so frustrated that i can't get a hold of a human to help get this fixed and upset that i can't use the app.  

Message 8 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @carearide,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the frustrating experience with the app. It sounds like you've gone through some of our recommended troubleshooting steps already. If you haven't already, give your reader a reset: 

1. Hold the button on the bottom of the reader for 15 seconds.
  2. When you see 4 red lights, release the button.
  3. Tap on the button one time to get green lights.

Next, disconnect your reader from Bluetooth from your device settings:

1. Open the settings on your device.
  2. Tap on Bluetooth.
  3. Locate the reader under "My Devices".
  4. Tap on the blue "i" next to the reader.
  5. Tap on "Forget This Device".
  6. Exit the settings without tapping anything else (we will reconnect the reader within the Point of Sale App itself in a later step).

Please let us know how you go!

Message 9 of 16

I'm not using a reader.  This is doing MANUAL entry.  

Message 10 of 16

Are you noticing this with every card, or are only some cards affected, @carearide? As a workaround, you can also use the Virtual Terminal to accept manually entered payments. 

Message 11 of 16

All cards.  It flat out won't work at all with any card.  I've Uninstalled and reinstalled.  I've done a forced stop.  I'm in my car when i work, so I don't use my laptop nor do I want to carry it in my car and risk it being stolen. 

Message 12 of 16

Are there any outstanding updates to the operating system on your phone, @carearide

Message 13 of 16

No, my OS is updated.  I installed the square update June 7th and the first time I used it on the 8th, it didn't work and hasn't worked since.  

Message 14 of 16

Thanks for confirming, @carearide! When you have a moment, please give deleting, and reinstalling the app another try. I understand you've done this already, but we frequently roll out updates for the app. Next, you can put through and refund a test transaction for $1, which is the minimum amount you can charge on a card using Square. 

Message 15 of 16

Still doesn't work.  I can't do a test one because IT DOESNT WORK. 

Message 16 of 16