x

Receipt Printer Issues: From Settings I see "No Printers Selected"

Is anyone else having issues with the receipt printer not working? It was working great and it stopped to work. The printer is currently turned on and when I go to settings/printers it says no printers selected and I cannot select the Star TSP printer. It is no longer showing up and saying No Printer (Station Disabled). Any ideas?

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Check your network - Make sure the iPad and printer are on the same network.   Turn the printer off and back on again.  Make sure it is connected to the network.   Close all apps on the iPad.  Relaunch square and see if it works.  May want to restart your iPad too.  If that doesn't work. open up notes and see if you can print a note to the printer.  If you don't see the printer there is a network or printer issue.   Reset your network and see if that fixes it.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Check your network - Make sure the iPad and printer are on the same network.   Turn the printer off and back on again.  Make sure it is connected to the network.   Close all apps on the iPad.  Relaunch square and see if it works.  May want to restart your iPad too.  If that doesn't work. open up notes and see if you can print a note to the printer.  If you don't see the printer there is a network or printer issue.   Reset your network and see if that fixes it.

Message 2 of 18
Alumni

@RHatchRIGHT ON! Thanks for these troubleshooting steps!

@AaFf - let us know if you got everything back to 💯.

Message 3 of 18
Beta Member

If its a usb Star printer like ours, the answer is simple, the Square hub & cables suck. We've already replace ours once under warantee and currently are operating without our printer being active 98% of the time. If we can be bothered to unplug all the USB connections from the hub and unplug/plug the hub power back in, things will probably work for a while, but the bottomline is the cables/hub are poor and probably are shorting.

Message 4 of 18

I have a usb star printer.  It was working for a while on the square stand but now the printer is not recognizable.  Ive tried all the tips from square. The printer is not even recognizable via the Bluetooth setting on my ipad. The printer printed the test page successfully too.  Any idea?  

Message 5 of 18
Square Community Moderator

@SeafoodCajun I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your printer! If you've confirmed that your iPad and app are up to date, you may want to consider contacting Star Micronics so they can help you reset the printer and see if there are any connection issues there. 

Also, if you purchased a Star Micronics printer directly from Square, it comes with a 4 year warranty. If the printer arrives damaged, does not function correctly, or is damaged during the first year of use, you can request a replacement printer directly from Star Micronics. To do so, contact Star Micronics and request a “Swap-a-Star” replacement.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 18

I have been using the 1g square stand with a usb printer (star tsp 100 eco model) and a printer driven cash drawer for 3 years. The printer recently stopped working. The stand is fine, and shows the usb hub connected. Nothing on my network settings have changed. I replaced the usb hub and cabling, but the printer is still showing error. Alternating green and red flashing lights. What else could be wrong?

Message 7 of 18

Same exact problem here just started today. alternating green and red flashing lights.

Message 8 of 18

If your TSP 100 Eco Receipt Printer is blinking red and green lights, then the printer is alerting you that it is connected through the USB outlet but is not connected to a power source. Simply plug the power cord back in, and the blinking should stop. 

I hope this information is helpful @waypointevent. Also, Welcome to the Seller Community.

JJ
Message 9 of 18
Beta Member

Same just started with us.  The printer is connected in setting and it prints a test.  The top right corner says printer connected.  However when in square reports it only offers the Email option and not Print.   No lights are flashing at all.  I have deleted and re-added the printer twice! Thoughts?

Message 10 of 18

In this case, I would recommend going over our Troubleshooting Guide. If the issue persists you will want to reach out to our Support team so they can investigate this further. 

JJ
Message 11 of 18

We also are having issues with our printers simply not showing up or failing to print our orders. We have to manually go in and print all orders and it’s very inconvenient and expenses. After countless trouble shooting and hrs on the phone with square being bounced around with no solutions or care how our business is being effected, we are forced to explore alternate options like lightspeed. Brand new registers, factory reset, etc etc. not working. Zero care from square. Pretty awful really. Disappointing company with inadequate customer care. 

Message 12 of 18

Hey @JaneBondBBQ,

Sorry trouble has brought you to us, but I want to welcome you to the Community.

Can you provide more details on what you mean by issues with your printer not showing up and how you are manually printing orders?

Feel free to provide screenshots of any error messages so I can better understand what you are experiencing.

I look forward to your reply.

Message 13 of 18
Beta Member

Hi RobynR .. We too have problems.. its really annoying as you think the order has been sent to the printer only yo find customers are waiting as the barista never received the order at the counter... We use Ipads to send the order to the printers that are directly connected to the wife router by ehternet ... but still now and again we have a failure... its getting frustrating now as noone can help... 

Message 14 of 18

Hey @TCL-2022,

Thanks for being a member of the Community.

I can see how that can be frustrating. Have you set up your Printer Stations yet?  If not, follow the steps below to get your printer set up.

To set up a printer station:

From the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap More > Settings > Hardware > Printers.
Create a new printer station or update the settings on an existing printer station.
Tap Printer and select your Printer. To test your connection, tap Test Print.
Be sure to enable the Order Tickets toggle option for the printer station(s) you want to print Order Manager order tickets.
Tap Save.

Here's an article about setting up Printer Stations.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 15 of 18
Beta Member

Hi Yes we have, as I said, its been working fine but now and moreso of late, it keeps on failing to print consistent ...

Message 16 of 18

I am having an issue with my printer and my barcode scanner.  The scanner does not light up and seems that it isn't getting power.  It is plugged in to the proper port on the switch.  THe printer has power but both the red and blue lights are on.  I've tried to turn the printer off, disconnect from power and do a reset.  Nothing worked and the two lights remain on. I've tried to call Square Support for at least 2 weeks and can't get anyone to talk with to troubleshoot this.

Message 17 of 18

Hello @JP18 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community

It looks like you're having issues with your 3rd Party Hardware. To which Square Device are you currently connecting your Barcode Scanner and your printer?

JJ
Message 18 of 18