x

Point of Sale App Troubleshooting - card on file does not show in app but does appear in dashboard

I'm trying to use the card on file feature, but in the sale it says there's no card on file for the customer even though there are two on file when I go into the customer profile. What am I missing here?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for flagging this, @TWC. Sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds like you've properly configured the settings in your Point of Sale app. If you haven't already, I'd suggest giving these troubleshooting tips a run-through:

1. Make sure that both your mobile device and the Square app are up-to-date.
  2. Log out of and back in to the app.
  3. Turn your mobile device off and on.
  4. Force quit the app on your device.

Note: if using Offline Mode, do not delete and reinstall the Point of Sale app. Offline Payments will be permanently lost and the funds will not be captured if the app is deleted.

If, after that, the issue persists — let our Support Team know and they'll take a deeper dive.

Hope this helps sort things out!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

Have you made sure to toggle on Customer Management in the Square Register app settings? 

From your Square Register app settings, click on Customer Management, and then toggle on "Charge and Save Cards to Customer Profiles" to save your customers’ payment card information from your in-app Customer Directory.

You can also toggle on the ability to save a card after a sale. 

Here's the support center article that goes into more detail about using the Card on File feature within the app:

Use Card on File with Square Register

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

bradlitton is correct. Same thingis happening with me, and I have everything toggled on on Customer Management. My Customer Cards on file list ends in letter M on the square app so it looks like there's a glitch on the app that is capping the number of Customer Cards onf file, I'd say about 100 or so.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for flagging this, @TWC. Sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds like you've properly configured the settings in your Point of Sale app. If you haven't already, I'd suggest giving these troubleshooting tips a run-through:

1. Make sure that both your mobile device and the Square app are up-to-date.
  2. Log out of and back in to the app.
  3. Turn your mobile device off and on.
  4. Force quit the app on your device.

Note: if using Offline Mode, do not delete and reinstall the Point of Sale app. Offline Payments will be permanently lost and the funds will not be captured if the app is deleted.

If, after that, the issue persists — let our Support Team know and they'll take a deeper dive.

Hope this helps sort things out!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

@Tom : Thanks! I updated the app and it did the trick!  The list is complete now!

thank you!

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know, @TWC — glad to hear it! Have a great weekend.😎

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 8

I'm having the same issue. But my app is up to date and all of my settings are correct. 

Message 7 of 8

Hey @Dpost82 interesting, for this customer do you have any duplicates in your directory? 

Message 8 of 8