x

Missing emails

We are not getting transaction and deposit emails anymore. This all started a few weeks ago. I’ve checked the settings already and it says we are set up for them already. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

I am having the same issue. This has worked flawlessly for several years. Only recently, something on Square has changed. I get one our of every two or three transactional emails that I should be getting. What changed? And when is Square going to fix this?

Message 2 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @notsosquareuser and @Bluedraggone

This can happen from time to time due to email providers updating their filter and spam set ups. Unfortunately it's not something that we can fix since we don't have much control over this. I tested this on my end and transaction emails come through to a test account with no trouble. 

If you've already made sure your settings has the email notifications turned on, check your Spam or Trash folder to see if the emails are being sent there directly. 

If there's nothing there, try adding the email address that the notification emails are sent from to your contacts list with your email provider so it recognizes the emails:

noreply@messaging.squareup.com 

Message 3 of 10

All of those things you mentioned are already done.  Nothing has appeared in my spam, or other folders.  The transactioanl emails are not coming through.  I did just get a sales summary, but nothing else from that day.  Not even the "Square has sent you" email.

Message 4 of 10

@notsosquareuser Hopefully this all gets taken care of swiftly. If there's anything that might help your fellow sellers, feel free to post for everyone to read 👍🏼

Message 5 of 10

I have done all the things you recommended already. No success as yet. Some Square emails get through to me, some don't. None in spam folder. Email address has been in the address book for awhile. This did not happen previously over five years. Same email server.

Message 6 of 10

@Bluedraggone @notsosquareuser

I had our Notification team check in on this for both of you and they were able to confirm that we're receiving a hard_bounced notification when we last attempted to send both of your most recent notification emails. 

This means that while we're attempting to send these emails to you, your email provider is rejecting the emails preventing them from being delivered, and causing any follow up emails to be suppressed. 

You'll both need to reach out to our Support Team so we can provide you the information that we're receiving, and you can then contact your email provider to remove this block or filter. 

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for your response. I have reached out to Square Support. They said the same thing. My email provider says they have not hard-bounced anything from Square. They asked for the specific error message Square is receiving back from them, so that they can investigate it. So far, the Square Support representative has been unable to produce the actual error message. Can you obtain that? Without the actual error message, this issue stays unsolved.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

@notsosquareuser I'll reach out to the Support Team member handling your case. They should be able to reach out to you with this information if they haven't done so already 👍🏼

Message 9 of 10

Thanks. I did receive the error message from the Square support rep. Now, I have to get with my email provider to sort it out.

Message 10 of 10