x

fees for tracking cash payments

I'd like to start logging in my cash payments so I can easily keep track of everything I collect when I'm on the go.  The customers are physically handing me the cash so is there a fee for this transaction? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Nope, using the "Cash" and other tender types won't cost you anything! We offer them for organization purposes and we won't charge you since you're not processing any credit card information. 

Read more on accepting cash, checks and other tender payments here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5177-accept-cash-checks-and-other-tender

Message 2 of 6

Is the logging of cash payments received considered confidential information? Is this information accessible to anyone other than the business owner and the app developers? In other words, who could possibly see cash information from Squares side?

Message 3 of 6
Square

@CoffeeladyRVA - Would you mind expanding a bit more about your question? In general, all information processed through Square is encrypted and store securely. From an account perceptive, anyone you give access to view account activity will be able to pull up transactions (not limited to Cash/ Other Tender). Does this help? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 6

Does anyone know how to put "cash" as a payment option and is it considered a "manual" entry?

Message 5 of 6
Square

Hey, check out my reply in this thread and let me know if you have additional questions!

Message 6 of 6