x

Square Loans Reconsideration

I was offered a 4th square loan.  In order to be approved for the loan they needed some additional paper work.  They gave me 11 days to come up with what I needed.  When there were 4 days left, I got a reminder about uploading the appropriate paper work and that I had 4 days left to do it.  I finally got it the paper work the next day, I went to go and upload it, and the offer was gone.  There is no way to reapply, or for them to give it back.  I have tried and tried to get them to reconsider, and they just wont.  I dont want to have to do one of those loans funding options, they are way more expensive and are not as easy to pay back as the square loans.  I wish they would just let you re apply.  

Message 1 of 77
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @azasu27

I took a look at your account and I can see a member of the Loans team sent an email on 1/3/18 with additional information. Please know that we do regularly review each account and if your business is eligible, we will notify you on the Dashboard. 

For more information about becoming eligible for another loan, click here

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Sneaky sneakers removed my post! What the heck! What are they hiding? Anyway....I'm not here expecting anything cray cray like a loan renewal at this point. I'm here out of pure curiosity. Have you seen what PayPal is offering their customers?! So tempting i must say. 

Message 64 of 77

Wow! Right away too omg o what is PayPal doing? Iโ€™m giving until end of week. This is beyond ridiculous! 5 paid loans. No new loan since April 2017. I love Square processing, but will have to give PayPal a serious look over the weekend. Good luck to you 

Message 65 of 77

Go check out Pay Pal. That's all. I'll keep my account with square but might use Paypal for my larger jobs...they take less % and are consistent with renewal offers and offer way more loans. Square definitely has some competition. And you can talk to a live person!! 

Message 66 of 77

Rut ro...got my hand slapped! 

Hi there - I saw you've been pretty active in our Loans boards in the Seller Community. You probably have seen our Loans expectations post where we clearly outline our policy for moderation and removal of comments. We've been moderating posts that include speculative or misleading information and your removed comment might have been a reply to one of those posts.

Message 67 of 77

I will thanks! 

Message 68 of 77

Get it together @Square; maybe you guys dont care, but i vend a lot; and as i refer Square to newer Merchants; that lack of TRANSPARENCY has been common theme to those people; I gave them my experience, which has mostly been great, minus the disappearance of Square Loans that seems to come more, Got 3 in one year; Only 1 in 2017? Yes ONE....ANd 2017 was my highest grossing year! Yet still no offer. Its obivous you guys read these; im just giving you a word, take it, leave it, I know EVERYBODY wants to get better, and if you arent taking heed to those little surveys, maybe message board will be better. 

Best.

Message 69 of 77

Update...dont get excited. At 87% nada nothing...just a heads up. I should be paid off by the end of August...will be kinda nice for my entire deposits to be all mine! Just in time for Christmas in my shop!  

Message 70 of 77

Been 100 paid since April ๐Ÿ˜ข

Message 71 of 77

I know you have.. did you have any chargebacks? I had 1 in 5 years of business. But it was a big one and fraud. That's the only thing I can think of that changed. Sales are up tremendously this year..so idk. I hope you get an offer you have been without for so long now! Have you tried calling?

Message 72 of 77

1 chargeback early on 6 years ago; my sales are up also, the loan serves its purpose, just sucks when you have to improvise, but thatโ€™s business! Calling wonโ€™t do any good

Message 73 of 77

Meanwhile in the Square Capital Dispursement Room

Message 74 of 77

What do you mean "flagged" you? 

Message 75 of 77

When Square Sends you Generic Reply for 3 years

Message 76 of 77

I'm cracking up right now!! I called them once and a week later I had an offer. That was last November. While knows if things have changed. I'm looking forward to 1. Having all my deposits and payments being all mine. Especially on huge purchases or 2. Being surprised with an offer. 

Message 77 of 77