x

Suggestion: Customize SMS notification for Square Appointments

Verified Answer

The ability to customize the email notifications is great, however the sms notification is very limited. Allowing customization, if possible, would be a welcome upgrade.

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to customize the text messages for appointment confirmations?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to customize the text messages for appointment confirmations?

@nailsbyjlyn @Kenzi Right now you can only edit the email confirmations for Square Appointment and we're tracking the request to be able to edit text messages too! We'll share any updates in this thread.

@Kenzi You can change the cut-off time that a client can cancel an Appointment from the Calendar & Booking section of your Appointments Dashboard: 

1. Scroll down to Online Scheduling.
  2. Click on the dropdown menu below Cut-off time for allowing clients to cancel or reschedule > choose a new time.
  3. Click Save.

Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Suggestion: Customize SMS notification

Hi @Mackay! Thanks for bringing this up. 🙂

I'll be sure to flag this with our Appointments Team who is tracking notification requests. Appreciate your flexibility in the meantime, and please don't hesitate to check in for updates.

Verified Answer

The ability to customize the email notifications is great, however the sms notification is very limited. Allowing customization, if possible, would be a welcome upgrade.

159 Comments
Alumni

Hi @HC - Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline for this one. 

Could you share your use case and I can pass that on to the Appointments team? They're very interested in learning more about how different sellers would use features.

Any updates to this?  This would be a great feature.  

For us, along with reminding people about their appointments its helpful to remind them of things related to their appointment. Some examples include: If its a morning appointment, we ask that the customer drop their vehicle off the evening prior to the scheduled appointment. Often we see people forget the drop off time, as it differs from their scheduled time. If we coulld add a free text box to those appointments template, similar to the email it would be helpful as we could add in verbiage that states,  "If you have a morning appointment, please drop your vehicle off the night prior to your appointment as discussed."

If you want to be really fancy - reminders based on appointment type. So in our world: An inspection appointment would contain verbiage that stated, "Please have your registration documents at the time of your appointment." 

Alumni

No updates yet @erinbrinton, but use Tom's link above to keep in touch for updates. We'll also update this thread when we have more information.

I usually just copy and paste the link from the bookmark on my home screen and then tell them to bookmark the site as an “app” onto their home screen or browser.

Id also love to have customizable texts available.  Just if you guys are counting.  That would be really helpful to a buch of my clients!  

Beta Member

Chad, is there at least a way to disable the time from being sent on texts?  I often schedule as "all day" instead of exact times and when doing so the customer still sees the time that was listed in appointments before "all day" was selected.

I agree, being able to customize them just like we can with the email would be really helpful. Especially since the majority of my clients speak Spanish. 

Beta Member

This would be an awesome Feature. I hope its in the works!

This comment was created by merging the existing thread "How can i add my Location into communication text reminder?"

Hey you guys! I do not allow my location to appear on the front page of the booking website because it is a private location at the moment. However the clients do need the address sometimes for pick up or services. I am trying to embedd the location into the text reminder app but it is not working. The address is not showing up in the trial text i am doing myself. Please HELP !!