x
Beta Member

Does anyone else use Square for a dry cleaner?

Trying to see if Square would work for a dry cleaner POS system. If anyone is using successfully please let me know.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hello,

We have been using this for close to 5 months now and so far like it, plus you can't beat the cost, FREE!

If you have any direct questions about the set up please let us know!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Super Seller

I see no reason it couldn't work. 

you would simply assign "items" to be "dry clean suit" or "stain removed from blouse".

under each item you can have multiple choices if you need different prices based on size or other differentiating factors.

Message 2 of 42
Beta Member

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 42
Super Seller

I just remembered I saw someone post today they were a dry cleaner

@CashsCleaners maybe you could give some advice.

Message 4 of 42
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hello,

We have been using this for close to 5 months now and so far like it, plus you can't beat the cost, FREE!

If you have any direct questions about the set up please let us know!

Message 5 of 42
Beta Member

Hi! thank you so much for responding. I do have further questions on the setup for printing labels/tags for the garments. How can I contact you?

Message 6 of 42
Beta Member

Sorry for taking so long, it gets busy around here and I usually only stop by here once a week. Ill send you our direct email address. 🙂

Message 7 of 42

Hey cashscleaners, I’ve been using fabricare but am interested in seeing if I can get this to work. Can you email me?

Message 8 of 42

Hi there,

I am opening a dry cleaners and I am researching POS/credit card companies. I have been set on an industry specific software but I started to think that the Square might just work for a dry cleaner. I have been using an industry specific software for many years but I thought that the Square might really simplify things and, at the same time, provide the necessary reports to run your business efficiently. Would you mind contacting me to discuss this?

Message 9 of 42
Admin

Hi @crowncleanersrb, welcome to the seller community! 👋🏻  Sounds like one of your questions is around whether the reporting can do what you need it to. 

@CashsCleaners and @sandrlaundry - any insight about how to use Square reports for a dry cleaning business? 

Thanks again for posting here! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 10 of 42
Beta Member

Hello,

The square pos has a few challenges to it that so far we have been able to think of other ways to make it work.

I have a wish list of things I hope this pos system will be able to do in the future, but I feel like printing traditional dry cleaning POS tags is not one of them.

We ordered tags from Cleaners Supply , we write either "L" or "D" next to the number to help with sorting the clothes.

We are a pay at pick up cleaners, so open ticket orders are a MUST. That being said,  Square doesn't have any reports that you can run on open orders.

Message 11 of 42

Hi 

I'm a dry cleaner based in Melbourne Australia. Just wondering if you could share the workflow your using for your business or one better if you could provide a quick video showing the process. I can provide my email if needed but sure a lot of people would find this very useful.

regards

David

Message 12 of 42
Square

Hi @davidportaro, welcome to Square and our Seller Community! 

Anything in particular you need a hand with - creating items, open tickets, taking payments, etc.? Happy to point you in the right direction too. 

A Support team member can hop on a call with you as well, if you'd prefer. Head to the Contact page to locate your customer code and the phone number for Australia Support. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 13 of 42

Hello, we just started using square for our business, but it is not going well. I saw your helped another person, was hoping you could give us some help too? if so please tell me how i can reach you! 🙂 We are a start up business so need lots of advice!

Thanks so much! 

Message 14 of 42
Beta Member

Hello FLC,

I would be happy to assist you in any way I can. you can contact me via email at sandrlaundry@gmail.com 

Thank you . 

Message 15 of 42

Do you charge an ESC fee? In Texas we do and I contacted square about this, they said set it up as a tax which i did, but now its pulling into my qucikbooks as sales tax. Not really sure what to do about that. 😕

Message 16 of 42
Beta Member

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. It has been really picking up around here. 

We do charge that fee. Right now we don't use any app outside of Square.

We have the fee set up as a second tax, at the end of the month we run a report in square to get the two different tax totals to make sure we pay the correct amount in taxes to the state.

Message 17 of 42

Okay great! We will try that and I'll check with our accountant! 🙂 

Message 18 of 42

Hello FLC,

May I ask what is the ESC fee? And for a drop off station do you need to register for the TCEQ?

Message 19 of 42

I am in Texas as well. 

Message 20 of 42
Beta Member

Please post any questions you have here and we will help in any way we can.

Message 21 of 42