x

ISBN format

How do you format the SKU if entering a book's ISBN number as a SKU? Do you just enter the 13 digits or do you include a "-" or " " where you would normally see them? I do not have a scanner available, but one will be used at the event I am trying to get the inventory loaded for. I am wanting to add them to the inventory import file (I have about 150 to add). Also, is there a good guide out there for inventory setup? New to Square and trying to get up to speed quickly. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JR3

You can add your SKU whichever way that you prefer (with or without dashes), and you'll see this within the item details. The SKU would be tied to the item, making it easier to search and locate items within your item library when you complete a sale. 

This article should get you started with Inventory:

Basic Inventory Management

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your response. I had read through the Basic Inventory Manager information, but I had not seen a clear answer. The information there is very useful and had helped me get my inport file ready. Since I am not able to test the SKU before they attend the event, I wanted to make sure I had the best data entered into the inventory. Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 3