x

Square and Quickbooks...either I pay Commerce Sync $19./month or Intuit/Quickbooks $50./month???

I'm a big fan of Square but I don't understand why apparently my only choices to integrate it with Quickbooks is to either pay Commerce Sync $19/month, or use Quickbooks Online, which will cost me $50/month (if I want to have inventory, which I do). Not to mention I tested Quickbooks Online with Square, and it is full of bugs and issues on both sides (see the many negative reviews of this "solution"). I am able to download QBO files from other banks, then import them to Quickbooks Desktop, for FREE. Why aren't there more export options for Square into Quickbooks? Have I missed any other option here other than forking over to Intuit or Commerce Sync every month?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I had the same struggle last year and went through QBO with Square (horrible), CommerceSync, etc. and finally settled on Shogo.

It's not free, but I can highly recomend Shogo for synching Square to QBO, particulalry if you have mutliple locations set up in your Square instance.  The subscription is about $25 / month / location, but the flexibility is excellent - you get pretty much full control over item and data mapping between the two systems.

While to me it would make sense for Intuit to buy Shogo and make it a direct offering/part of the platform, since it would drive more Square users to QBO, I guess it doesn't make sense to them :S

Message 2 of 5

Thanks very much for your suggestion. Can you tell me if Shogo requires Quickbooks Online or does it work with the desktop app also? I will take a look but appreciate this info if you know!

Message 3 of 5

Yep, apparently it does, but I have no direct experience to how effective it is unfortunately.  I do believe that, given it’s the same team, that it will be an equally effective solution.

https://support.shogo.io/hc/en-us/articles/208690116-Connecting-QuickBooks-Desktop-to-Shogo

Message 4 of 5

I've been using Shogo with multiple locations (Square for Restaurants & Quickbooks Online) for a few years.  They've been really good and I've recommended them.  Recently there has been a mapping issue and Support hasn't been super helpful.  They've given us some version of "reconnect" or "reauthorize" for a week now.

My question is besides Commerce Sync, is there anyone else to look at if I need to change from Shogo?

Message 5 of 5