x

Can a Square customer choose to pay their vendor (me) by their bank account?

Can a Square customer choose to pay their vendor (me) by their bank account?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

They can pay with a check or their debit card to pull their funds from their bank account but not with a direct withdrawal. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Best Answer

They can pay with a check or their debit card to pull their funds from their bank account but not with a direct withdrawal. 

Message 2 of 10
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for helping out with this one. 👌🏻

@safehavens - Since VanKalkerFarms was able to answer your question, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find this answer if they have the same question. Thanks! Also, welcome to the Seller Community! We're happy to have you. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 10

One thing I don't understand...when they say the customer can pay by check, do they mean I can take down check information and routing information and it will draw electronically?  Or are they saying the customer can give me a check and I can just record it through Square as a purchase?  I needed a long distance method of receiving a payment.

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

Check means a physical check handed to you and you turn in to your bank for deposit.

Your best way to accept payment if they are not there is via Credit Card that they would give you over the phone and you would type in as a maual credit card transaction.

Message 5 of 10

Hi please help, I had a client who wanted select her bank account to pay. Is this do-able ? 

Message 6 of 10
Admin

Hey @annanmai-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for the answer to your question. If you have any additional questions about this, feel free to reply back to me in this thread. Thanks again! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 10

Hi my answer was not found , my client wants to choose the bank out account to pay out from but when she taps she doesn’t get an option to choose.
Message 8 of 10

Hi my answer was not found , my client wants to choose the bank out account to pay out from but when she taps she doesn’t get an option to choose.

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying that for us, @annanmai. Your customers can only pay with a card at this time. The ability for a customer to attach a bank account via routing and checking number is currently not available. 

When completing a transaction, your customer has the prerogative to complete the transaction with whichever card (linked to any bank account) they prefer.

If this doesn't answer your question, please feel free to clarify further! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10