Scholar

converting excel file with multiple sheets into online calculator

I have an excel sheet with multiple sheets and 100s rows. I want t convert this sheet into online calculator whereas only input and output cells will be visiible and rest will remain hidden.Does weebly has this facility?

Problem with excel web app based html code is that nyone can download the sheets which is not intended.

3 REPLIES
Employee Moderator

Re: converting excel file with multiple sheets into online calculator

Hello @jsml123!

There is not a direct way to do that within Weebly. What you’re describing sounds like it would involve custom code and a database, rather than utilizing an Excel file, though it might be possible using something like Google Sheets in lieu of Excel (or a cloud-hosted Excel file somewhere) and perhaps some embedded code that searches the Sheets/Excel file. You can embed code on your pages using the EMBED CODE element, but as far as the required coding involved, you might inquire among some of our more tech-savvy members here within our Community or search for freelance programmers on sites like upwork.com or fiverr.com.

Best of luck to you and happy Weeblying!

Pete D.
Weebly Tier 2 Technical Support
SGI
Curator

Hi jsml123,

You can use Microsofts One Drive and Excel online to embed the file into your website's webpage. 

It does work well. One problem though I still have is the embedded element is desktop website friendly but is not mobile friendly.

As a result, even though I have tested it ,I have not yet launched it on my website.

Highlighted
Scholar

i found the excellent way of doing it. just using spreadsheetconverter. This excel add on will directly convert excel to html code and store in dropbox so that will behave like cloud storage

I just did on my website  http://www.mermaid-consultants.com/ and it does great job.

.. btw thanks everybody for help!..