x

What is the process for setting up Square Gift Cards?

I purchased the Physical Gift Cards from the Square approved company. (ecardsystems). 

What is the procedure to program these cards? How do I enable/disable these cards? Can that be done remotely without needing access to the physical card?

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@amitramani, Here is the information you need. Hope this helps. Sell Square Gift Cards

Ron

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

@amitramani, Here is the information you need. Hope this helps. Sell Square Gift Cards

Ron

Message 2 of 13
Square

@Ron - Thanks for your help with this one! 🙌

@amitramani - Feel free to let us know if you have any follow up quesitons! Also, would you mind marking Ron's comment as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find this post if they have the same question. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 13

Is there a way to check the balance of a gift card for a customer?

Message 4 of 13

@TAGS882 - Yes, you can check the balance either by typing in the gift card number or swiping the card.

From the Register screen of the app, navigate to the Gift Card Screen (It is the small icon at the center of the screen up top). You will see Gift Cards listed here. Click on "Check Balance". 

Message 5 of 13

I'm using Square online, and I'm using the App on an Android device. Neither shows me an option to "Load" my physical cards. [Cancel question, I was able to load cards using the app... 1. "Make a sale", 2. choose a "Gift Card", 3. remit payment. Loaded.]

Message 6 of 13
Admin

Hey @convurg — thanks for checking in. Glad you were able to get it sorted out and I appreciate you taking the time to circle back with what worked. Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up! 💯

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 13

Ok, so I have a box of plastic gift cards that I ordered from eCards, following these instructions.   Now what do I do???    Thanks

Message 8 of 13

Hello @cdaddy74

Have you tried the link @Ron shared? It has the steps on how to load a gift card with a balance! 

Support Center Article: Use Your Square Gift Cards

Message 9 of 13

We have ordered and received our plastic gift cards from ecardsystems, but I am still confused as to how to load/sell them. I have followed the suggested link. Step one says to go to "library" from the checkout screen, but there is no library option on our checkout screen. I tried "items," but gift cards do not show up as an item. I have already set up the pre-set amounts and settings, so I am really at a loss as to how to proceed. 

Message 10 of 13

I am having the same issue. Would you be able to offer some insight? I feel like I'm missing something...

Message 11 of 13

Yes! On the checkout screen in the top right corner there is an ellipsis (...), click on that and a list of options will appear, including "Sell or Check Gift Card." Pretty easy once you find this. I have no idea why that is not in any of the online guides. Maybe it is a difference in software; we are using Retail Plus...? 

Message 12 of 13

Thank you for this.  I spent way too much time looking for this answer which is so simple!  

Message 13 of 13