x

Paid apps without backend

Hello Developer support,

As a frontend developer, I dont have the skills to setup the backend, but I have the skills to create great apps.

My question is: Does Weebly have any future plans for making a solution, so we can charge app-users without setting up our own backend? (like all other app-stores have)

Best regards

Anders

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

We’ve received this feedback from other developers, understand it’s importantance, and will look at how we might be able to address this in the future.

Message 2 of 5

So, is there any timeframe on this?

I have an free app with alot of downloads, so I have these options right now:

1. Wait for the option to make a paid app version without backend

2. Invest money in backend developer (probably too expensive to be profitable)

3. Remove the app (I can't keep investing time in supporting an app that can't make any profit)

Message 3 of 5

Hi @WinWinWeb,

I'm so glad your app is seeing success in our App Center! I understand how important integrated billing is for apps, and we do want to create a platform where developers can make money from frontend apps without having to set up a server or backend code.

I wish I could give you a timeframe for when we'll support this, but as you can imagine, this is a fairly large project to undertake and requires many different teams at Weebly to build, and right now those teams are focused on customer-facing priorities.

In the meantime, I do want to make sure you know that we don't require free apps to offer personalized support. Obviously our users greatly appreciate it when they run into trouble and someone can help them, but if the app is free, we don't expect you to spend the time doing that and instead a simple FAQ would suffice. But I do hope we'll be able to have integrated billing at some point in 2018 so that you can return to supporting your paying customers.

Message 4 of 5

Hey Justin

Any news on integrated billing for apps?

Have you started working on it? is there a timeframe?

Message 5 of 5