x

Stripe publishable key and secrect key

I'll starts of with, i just made a a store and used stripe as my checkout once i created a stripe account i was shown two API keys one publishable key and one secret key now i was confused on these key so i talked to them on the "Live chat"...... and they said as far as they know weebly control everything even the checkout page they said those keys are important for the funds to go through my account i said cool. (stress relieved) now im trying to contact weebly WITH "LIVE CHAT" but its not anywhere and dont get me started on the things i havent done wasted a whole day trying to contact them with live chat I made sure:

- UK time and the aestern Time where right for there staff to come online 

- Waited and refreshed for 30 minutes 

- tried on different browsers and devices 

Litterally it was as if it didnt exist now my main questoin is hopefully someone answers it properly and gives me the answer i need quickly. My stripe is connected says my email address on my checkout however i dont still know if the fund will go through if i dont add the publishing and secrect key stripe gave me onto weebly checkout and yes my stripe account is activated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

I've you've conncted with Stripe in Store > Setup > checkout, you don't need to do anything with the Stripe secret or key. Those would only be needed if you were setting up your own integration with Stripe on a site built somewhere else.

Message 2 of 3

Hi Adam,

I've just connected my Weebly account with my Stripe Account to enable Apple Pay and Android Pay. The connection has been successful and I've ensured the buttons for Apple Pay and Android Pay are both switched on. However, the option to pay via Apple Pay on my iPhone doesn't appear when I try checking out on my website. Apple Pay is activited on my phone and I've been able to use it on other websites. Any idea how to fix it? I was wondering if I needed to use Stripe's API keys to solve this issue, but from your response it sounds like I don't.

Thank you Adam, your help is appreciated in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

My website url: everydayclaystudio.com.au

Email: everydayclaystudio@gmail.com

Thanks! 

Amanda

Message 3 of 3