x

What are the download rates of paid apps?

Obviously the answer to this varies by the application itself, its uniqueness, its function, and its price, but...

What feedback or statistics can anyone offer about how many purchases they get for their paid apps? Or what feedback can Weebly provide? I put a lot of effort into an app not realizing the requirements for backend processing and management that go along with paid apps... And now I'm wondering if it's worth the investment of the upfront development of all the backend processing needs...

What can anyone share about actual results for their paid apps?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @Brevity

AFAIK, Weebly doesn't provide any "specific" information in regards to ROI, beyond the information contained on the [Weebly Developer Center](https://www.weebly.com/developer/) page.

Weebly does not expose this information because we cannot make any *promises* or guarantees about possible ROI a developer may realize for their published app(s). This is because providing an average (aggregated number) is unrealistic to provide developers, not all apps are equal. We do not provide this for quantified app categories or segments, as it can too easily be interpreted as a "promise" or "guarantee", which also could result in poor or invalid expectations.

There may be Weebly Developers who are willing to share this data on their own, but that would be entirely up to them to disclose.

The backend processing for apps is part of the development and release process which every published app on the Weebly App Center has been required to execute, and we have thousands of developers building apps. I would recommend to focus on building the most amazing app which provides the greatest value for Weebly customers first. If your revenue is not what you had hoped after releasing, engage with your app users to improve your app to better suit their needs as a means of increasing revenue.

Tags (3)
Message 2 of 5

For me a fair estimation is 5-7% actually spend on in-app purchases. So of 100 people who visit your site 6 will end up buying it.

Message 3 of 5

We can share data about this and try to guide you if you have specific information. I'll share a link privately to your channel.

Message 4 of 5

This should be useful for everyone. We're doing apps as MVP first, then we go through this framework which means: Sunset, Maintain, Improve. We improve the apps that enter the green area. The timeframe we give them prior to plotting them on this chart is 1 year. This is a year old today, but things have evolved as you'd expect from the graph.

Message 5 of 5