x

Account disabled for no reason?

What's going on? I contacted Support and was informed my account and sites were disabled for violating the TOS (my contents never violated the TOS).

They have been running for over a year (1 from 2013) and this is unacceptable. All my hard work simply vanished without any warning.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square

Sorry to hear that, @ReyZu. Unfortunately, we can't really provide any information about that through Community, so I would recommend continuing your dialog with our team via email.

Message 14 of 18

@ReyZu:  well one possible reason might be copyright violation.  The original owner might have sent a take down notice.

Message 14 of 18

Hi Boba,

If there are copyrighted contents, I should be notified but never had any of that.

Likewise I saw a site which somewhat copied mine but after sending the host a notice, the owner paraphrased the contents.

Message 14 of 18

Hi Adam,

Doing that currently. I hope the ban could be reversed as I spent so much work on them 😕

Message 14 of 18

Just got a response from them and this is what was mentioned:

Hello,

Your account was in violation of our Terms of Service. Because of this, your site was shut down and your account was disabled. Sorry this happened without warning. The ban cannot be reversed.

See our TOS here:

http://www.weebly.com/tos.php

And no explanation on which sites and what contents that violated any guidelines. 

After all these years by purchasing FOUR subscriptions, is this how loyal customers are being treated? 

Message 14 of 18
Square

Can you reply to that asking for more info, @ReyZu? That's the response that we give when someone first contacts us, but you can reply to that to request more info.

Message 14 of 18

Hi Adam,

I've asked for clarification, and awaiting their reply.

It hurts so much that Weebly would simply just close my account without any warning. All my hard-earned money put in to maintain the websites and they just vanished.

If Weebly warned me about reports or any pending violations and I ignored them, then I take full responsibility. However what happened was simply over the line.

Message 14 of 18

@ReyZu 

This isn't going to solve your original issue, but if you haven't been able to get your site(s) restored, and if you don't have backup, you may want/have to reconstruct your sites manually (somewhere else!)?  Have you tried the Internet Archive/Wayback Machine??  There are billions of archived web pages; you may be albe to find some or most of your pages archived.  Usually, the older the site, the more pages are available to view.  

Link:  

https://archive.org/web/  

--

Anne

Message 14 of 18

Hi Anne,

That's the last thing I would prefer, as it took me quite some time to get everything together.

I did try the Wayback Machine, but most of the layouts were broken and I made many changes to the site ever since the screenshots were made way back in April.

Plus, it's been a week and yet the Policy team has yet to get back to me on my issue. Unusually long to attend to a simple case unless they have something to hide.

Message 14 of 18

Almost two weeks since the incident and still, NO RESOLUTION.

No reason(s) given, no refund at all for the cause. To those who are still using Weebly, it's time to make the switch if you don't want to end up getting screwed over like me.

Your work might just get wiped out without warning one day!

Message 14 of 18

+1

Ban without reason and without warning is common practice for Weebly. It is unacceptable in a modern Internet service.

Message 14 of 18

I hate to say this but, prepare for the worst. Call them and ask for a refund (customer rep mentioned they do offer if our cases can't be resolved).

On a brighter note though, at least we know why they have been receiving loads of negative reviews. Start looking elsewhere.

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 18

Can you reach them? Same thing happened to me?
Message 19 of 18

DISGUSTING. Totally unnacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 19 of 18
Square

Hi @milkingcamels I just updated your other post, but your account had already been reinstated. For some reason the email did not go through to you so I replied to the ticket with the password reset link. Once you reset your password you will be able to login and publish your sites. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Message 19 of 18

Hello, I have been locked out of my account with no warning, no details, no information and have not heard back from anyone on your policy team. I did not violate anything in your TOC and if I accidently did without knowing I would like to have been given some information so I can correct it. Please contact me so that I can get back in and reset my password the way you have done for these other customers. Please, my email is [removed private information]

Message 19 of 18
Square

We don't have access to that information, unfortunately. You will need to continue to speak with the policy team through the support ticket you received. I'm very sorry we are not able to assist you more on here. 

Message 19 of 18