x

Add the Privacy Protection service to your domain for $10/year

I should have been told about this before I signed up! Privacy protection should be standard and automatic. Really bad practice. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

unhappy, we would have more complaints if we automatically charged you for an extra service that made your purchase
more expensive. We present it as an option for you to add if you choose, and all our Customer Success Advocates explain it
and recommend it before they put through a domain sale.
Message 15 of 14

I received an email offering to add this service at $10/year, but the link takes me to site that asked me to sign up for a plan. Already have one. Can't send an email for help as keeps prompting me to look at help pages. Well, if I could figure out how to add it, I would! I am getting LOTS of texts and phone calls every day from people who want to sell me stuff. I want that to STOP.

Message 15 of 14

Hello! Sorry for the stress, getting spam is always a pain. You should be able to select it by going to the Domains tab on your dashboard, then clicking your domain, and clicking the Learn More link under the Privacy Protection section of your Contact Information.

Message 15 of 14

That doesn't work for me.  My domain is 

shpahregion.org 

Message 15 of 14
Square

The "learn more" link worked for me when I tested in your account, @mcook007. It looks like you'll need to add a payment method with the "update payment method" link on the top right of the popup.

Message 15 of 14

IT's not working for me and I want the spam to stop. Help. When I click Learn More, my only option is to update payment method, then I get transaction failed. I don't even know what to do.

Message 15 of 14
Square

I can't see a reason on our end why the charge would be failing - are you entering a credit or debit card as a payment method?

Message 15 of 14

There is no "learn more tab"

Message 15 of 14
Square

Unfortunately, some domain name extensions like .US do not support privacy protection, so it simply wouldn't be possible for our Registrar to add that. Because of this we don't show the link for those domains. Sorry for the confusion, @daveskole.

Message 15 of 14

How do I prevent my information (address/phone number/email) from popping up when someone checks who registered my domain? I've paid for the privacy protection over 2 weeks ago but the information is still showing my address/phone number/email.

Please help. 

Message 15 of 14
Square

Once you purchase privacy protection it takes a little while for WHOIS databases to update with anonymous info. That should happen automatically, though. That said, it looks like it failed to add for some reason at our Registrar. I just enabled it manually, so if you give it a little bit longer that should update whois databases for you.

Message 15 of 14

Just wanted to update you. I just checked whois and my personal info is still showing. This past Friday I was contacted by a Weebly customer support team member saying that my personal information is not showing; however, I checked this past Friday and today and my personal information is still showing. I have emailed the Weebly customer support team member back saying that I can still see my personal information on my end but I haven't yet received a reply. I just don't want this issue to be seen as solved with the Weeby customer support team. 

Message 15 of 14
Square

Hi @SophieZoe I don't see your information. What is the url for the whois database that you are using? 

Message 15 of 14