x

Am I able to add a popup which only shows on logged-in pages?

Hello

So we're having an issue with our wholesale website where people who aren't logged in are still able to access the log-in only pages of our website. 

Is there a way of creating a popup which only shows on certain pages of the site so we can state that our products are for wholesale customers only?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

@mbla7:  sure. I believe there is an APP in the app center.  If not you can add a widget to do that.

Message 9 of 8

Okay, so which app? Which widget? I'm currently using The Popup which covers programming the modal. What app or widget are you suggesting can determine whether or not the page in question is being viewed by a registered user?

Message 9 of 8
Square

Is the The Popup an element you can add to a page, or is it just something you turn on or off for your site? If it's page specific then you can just add it to pages that a members-only so it only shows for members.

Message 9 of 8

@rwaldenjr:  You are asking two different questions and I am confused by them:

First you asked:

"Is there a way of creating a popup which only shows on certain pages of the site so we can state that our products are for wholesale customers only?"

Then you asked:

"What app or widget are you suggesting can determine whether or not the page in question is being viewed by a registered user?"

???

Message 9 of 8
Square

I think the original poster asked the first question. But @rwaldenjr is your question about tracking your visitors? It looks like you have pages set to members only. Are you having an issue with non-registered users gaining access to private pages?

Message 9 of 8

Boba -

Bernadette is correct, the first part of your response should have been directed to MBLA7, the orginator of this thread. And in the second part of your reply, you rephrased my question in which I asked you which app or widget you suggested to MBLA7!?! I don't know what you're having trouble understanding!?! I simply want to know what apps or widgets you're recommended t MBLA7, since you didn't post any.

Adam -

"The Pop Up" is a relatively new app to the Weebly lineup from developer Appjustable. So far, I've been very happy with it! It creates flexible modals that are page specific. So yes, I can add it to my members-only pages, which resolves some of the problems described by MBLA7. However, I was asking whether or not there are ways to identify the specific user who is logged in using some app or widget, as opposed to generic member groups.

Bernadette -

No, I don't have a problem with non-registered users (yet) because we're still in development and not yet live. However, what I'm looking for is any possible app or widget to work-around to facilitate user-specific targeting of my future clients.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Hope this clears up some of the confusion!?!

P.S.

It seems the inability for sites to identify who is logged in, after their users registered and logged in with their user-specific credentials is a huge hole in the Weebly platform, especially since there's a ton of chatter in the Weebly Community asking for this capability. The ability to call a user's login ID and provide targeted content is a basic website capability these days. Even Weebly implements user-specific tracking of its users' accounts. The reason given by techs as to why this feature isn't provided rings hollow to this developer.

Message 9 of 8
Square

The short answer is I think it's probably possible by doing something like this:

1. Check for the existence of the cookie

2. Communicate with our API with appropriate cookie info

3. Return member info based on that

I'm not sure whether our API will return specific member info, though, so I can't say it's 100% right now. It's definitely something Appjustable could look into adding to their own app.

Message 9 of 8