x

Book page turning app?

Can anyone in the community suggest a page turning app that can be embedded?

Our site sells children's books and it would be very helpful if visitors to our site could click on a book cover and get a preview of the first few pages.

Cheers John

pjmouse.com

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hey there! Are you looking for something that can preview PDF content, or in particular something that simulates a book's appearance?

Message 12 of 11

Hello Q, thanks for getting back to me. I am looking for a flipbook app that simulates turning book pages (Looks like a book, sounds like a book) but yes also uses PDF files.

I was hoping there would be someone in the community with an author website, online magazine, or catalog, using such an app. Needs to be easy to embed on a page (So readers don't have to be redirected and leave the page)

Many thanks, John

Message 12 of 11

For something like that, you may need something custom coded. Our Community here can likely point you in the right direction.

Message 12 of 11

Hi Q, thanks for the suggestion, but there is no need to get something custom made as there are lots of flip book/page turning apps out there, and I was just looking for a recommendation from someone who is using one.

I did message another community member 

chet
chet EXPLORER and he is using one called   https://www.publitas.com
I am also interested in one at   https://www.flipsnack.com/digital-book/
but have not made up my mind which one to try first.
Kind regards John

Message 12 of 11

Well if anyone stumbles on to this thread looking for a suggestion about flip books I finally settled on a flip book mob called Yumpu. I am using their free service and am pretty happy with it considering the price.

You can have a look at how it looks on our sit e at pjmouse.com

Cheers  John

Message 12 of 11
Square

Thanks for the update, @JohnnyOcker.

Message 12 of 11

In response to the Yumpu post, I have tried using Yumpu  an have found that it does not work properly when I want to add sound or video to a PDF. Also their customer support did not answer and questions and their billing system for anything beyond free is problematic-particularly when you canel their pay versions.

I have found the Publitas system excellent and their customer support is superb.

Message 12 of 11

Any updates on this?  I'm looking for a magazine/flipbook app to use to display my articles I'm published.

Message 12 of 11
Square

Double checked our App Center, but I'm not finding what you are looking for. I believe there were a couple of suggestions posted below, though. Have you had a chance to check them out?

Message 12 of 11

I cannot upload my flipbook a comment is OOOpsm cannot upload this type of file. Wouild it upload if I purchased a Weebly Pro package

Message 12 of 11