x

Breadcrumbs are Incorrect on my products

Breadcrumbs are malfunctioning on my products that exist within  multiple categories. 

Example:

1. A customer visits my "RINGS" category.

2. They navigate to a spiderweb ring and open the listing. 

3. The breadcrumbs are falsely showing: shop > Creatures of The Garden > Spiderweb ring

when the path taken by the customer was:  shop > RINGS > Spiderweb Ring

(why are these breadcrumbs defaulted as mandatory? The should be optional so we can turn them off, especially since they are wrong.)

My spiderweb ring exits in these categories: 1.creatures of the garden, 2.rings,  3.shop all 

only one path of entry is accounted for no matter how a customer navigates to that listing. 

Please fix this. This is creating a cluster * in the navigation of my site. 

First of all breadcrumbs should be optional for users, not defaulted to always showing especially since the code Weebly is using is getting the bread crumbs (paths of entry) wrong. 

Easy fix is to allow users to disable bread crumbs. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

I'm assuming your products are in multiple subcategories, right? Breadcrumbs default to using one of those regardless of which path you take to get to a particular product. It does make them awkward, though. I believe we're looking into ways to improve this, although I don't know what the status of that is. 

They could be hidden with a quick CSS override; if you post a link to one of your store pages I'm sure someone could offer a solution.

Message 5 of 4

@Adam

I know how to hide them using CSS. I have done it before. That isn't a solution for two reasons. 

1. This is a sitebuilder, something as innate as that should be user side adjustable, especially since it is a misrepresenting feature as you have admitted.

2. Everytime any of us edit CSS, weebly then uses that as an excuse for why anything goes wrong on our websites, regardless of what minute change we actually make. Please post your TOUs where Weebly discloses that editing CSS makes you guys blameless for any BS problems that you guys cause when you guys push half a** updates that screw everyone's sites including those of us that know CSS and can make customizations. Thanks. 

And yes, your assumption is correct about my listing existing in multiple categories, of course you didn't need to assume that because I laid it out in laymans terms and even included numbers for easy comprehension in my original post, which I hope you read.

Message 5 of 4
Square

1. You're correct - a simple toggle to turn it off would be much better and would be very much in line with what we aim to have with our builder. 

2. I generally don't recommend people do this unless there's no other solution and they are comfortable working with it. One thing I do recommend is that a lot of straight CSS changes can be done by adding the code to the Header Code field. This means that you don't have to customize the theme itself, and you don't need to worry about your theme not getting updates.

Message 5 of 4