x

Feedback: Need a way to move existing WordPress sites (not just ecommerce!) to Weebly

As of November 2015, WordPress powers 25 percent of the web. A good chunk of those users would have a much better, easier, and more powerful home on Weebly. But they can't move their sites over because you don't import WordPress content like blog posts.

Blogging is an immensely important component of the web and our websites. We need a way to move our blog posts along with the rest of our site (and maintain the same permalink structure).

Can you please share any plans on full support for WordPress importing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

That is certainly an interesting idea! However, bear in mind that transferring an entire site over seamlessly can be a tough thing to automate indeed, as each site is unique, and thanks to custom coding, the possibilities that need to be accounted for are practically limitless. I'm no coder myself, and can't speak for Weebly as a whole in that, but I definitely wouldn't envy the team with that task.

Message 2 of 4

I understand some sites can become quite customized and complicated. But WordPress has long supported a standard file format for exporting, backup, and exchange with other sites.

Many WordPress sites are pretty stankard—they have Pages and a bunch of blog posts. It all gets exported just fine and imported by other services without fail.

Support for this core import format seems like a reasonable request. And those who have heavily customized their site are generally aware that it'll take more work to move somewhere else.

Message 3 of 4

Bump on this. I still have hope!
Message 5 of 4