x

Form submit not working all over weebly

when submitting a contact form without all required fields with the * 

the from shows as if it sent ok! even then no contact form is received... 

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 33
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

When were the messages first sent? We'll check up on the specifics.

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Hello poul! In this case, you may want to contact support directly with the site you've been seeing this problem on. They'll be able to take a closer look for you from there.

Message 34 of 33

Hello 

this was happening all over weebly not only my site tested on a desktop and mobile wifi and 3g also more than 3 sites

any way it seems to be ok now.

thank you for replying

Message 34 of 33

my bad it is still happening

Message 34 of 33

Best Answer

When were the messages first sent? We'll check up on the specifics.

Message 34 of 33

the last 8 hours i tested many times

Message 34 of 33

it seems to be ok now.

Message 34 of 33

Admin the error is back please fix!

Message 34 of 33
Square

What page is your form on, @Paul_C?

Message 34 of 33

this was happening all over weebly not only my site tested on a desktop and mobile wifi and 3g also more than 3 sites

any way it seems to be ok now.

thank you for replying

Message 34 of 33
Square

Oh, ok. Glad to hear it's working!

Message 34 of 33

**bleep**

Message 34 of 33

http://www.bbtsip.tv/contact.html

a short video clip "WeeblyFile_000.mov" so you can see the problem happening
https://weebly.zendesk.com/attachments/token/pUzkO07osmYLFsuTJ6W3Btu5j/?name=WeeblyFile_000.mov

because the problem comes and goes so frequently
Message 34 of 33
Square

Thanks for the video, @Paul_C. I didn't see that happen when I tried myself:

Message 34 of 33

Hello Adam.

Like I mentioned before, this problem goes and comes frequently so by the time you checked today, it was working again. That is why I added the video so you can see it 'not working. Now it is working for me too but I could bet you a $1,000 that this is not the end of this problem for now. I have been seeing this "behavior" go on for over two weeks now with no real solution from Weebly.

Thank you for replying,
Paul

Message 34 of 33
Square

This is just a guess, but it's probably come kind of conflict with some of the custom javascript that your site has. It might some kind of race condition where it only happens in certain circumstances. I'm not sure offhand which of the custom js files your site has would be doing that, though.

Message 34 of 33

As I mentioned in a previous post, this problem is not subject to my site exclusively (meaning: that other websites hosted by Weebly are experiencing the same problem.  These have been checked by me at the time the probem occurs.)  So we are going to disregard the possiblilty of any JS files added or "changes" made to the theme that would create this problem to begin with. 

I am going to wait for the next time the error occurs and will record a video of this happening on other websites I know of, hosted by Weebly.

I will post them here for you to see. 

This is a 100% Weebly-side problem and should be fixed ASAP.  

It is affecting other Weebly Users and Weebly hosted sites, unknowingly!

Thank you for your time,

Paul

Message 34 of 33
Square

If you can provide other sites that have this it could help. I tried a few dozen different times with your form and couldn't get it to do what you saw in your video.

Message 34 of 33

If this isn't resolved then why has it been marked as so? I click "go to solution" and it takes me to a post from an admin asking a question. Not at all a solution. Obviously Weebly has some funky code going on if this happening intermittently.  Are there actual coders that work at Weebly or do you outsource everything to drupal or whatever the hell was used to build this shell? It really seems like no coders are employed at weebly. None of the bugs reported in the last 2+ weeks have been resolved.  While I am at it, @Adam, what is Weebly's policy on customer satisfaction? Thanks.

also @Adam please "unspam" my recent post. Am I being silenced now for pointing out bugs? If it isn't intentional, you guys need to change the disallow text to be able to include ">", that is literally the only character used in the entire text that could have possibly been an issue. Or maybe you guys have auto disallow code to silence any posts that mention "bugs". This is getting pathetic!

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Breadcrumbs-Malfunctioning-Bug-Report/td-p/70649

Message 34 of 33

Message 34 of 33

It is still happening on 3g and wifi !!!

Message 34 of 33