x

H1 for Products?!

It might be me but...isn't it important having H1 titles for products as they are important for seo, so that they can be found in Google etc?!

I used a tool to show me the title tags within my products and amazingly they dont have any H1 titles! Surely this is important for an ecommerse website?!

I've read a few comments in here and some weebly staff suggested adding the h1 in the coding; I'm by no means a coder and have no intentions of trying for fear of wrecking my site in some way. Question is; how the hell has this been missed by weebly if they are indeed so important as suggested?! This should be a auto-function of the product title as it's added to your site!

Or am I missing something?

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

I believe there's at least one (if not more) apps in our App Center that you can add to a product page to add an H1 tag.

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/super-titles1?ref=ac-search

Message 6 of 5

I've added H1 tags using an App from the App Center for the website pages.  Works fine.  However, I'm not understanding how to put the H1 tags in the category or product item pages.  Do I need to install another H1 App at the Site Items and Site Categories level??

Message 6 of 5
Square

Hi, @frankgazzolo.

There isn't a way right now to add that to a category page, although I wouldn't worry too much about it. Modern search engines do not really need H1 tags to understand what the title of a page is, particularly with category pages and product pages.

Message 6 of 5

I'm getting Product Page errors now.  It used to be just Warnings on these Weebly Product Pages.

How can I fix these product page errors and warnings (some turned into Errors)? 

Message 6 of 5