x

Headers

Hi,

I hope you’re well.

I’m sure you’ve already received loads of feedback on this so mine possibly won’t be of much originality.

I have to say, the new system for editing/integrating logos and text in headers is ridiculous. Why the change? Before, I was able to put a logo on and position the text around the logo. Now the text will only appear within the constraints of the logo area. The new method for editing the text is clunky, fiddly, it’s removed the feature of glowing edges in text and doesn’t even let you choose a colour from the standard palette or give you as much range of font choices. Is this for real?

Please let me know the justification for this needless modification as it is a massive step backwards, far from being an ‘improvement’ it’s completely ruined the way headers used to work in Weebly.

Please also let me know if it’s geared towards a different browser (I’m using Chrome on a Mac).

Apologies for being so blunt, but just feel very strongly about this and I can’t see any sense in the change at all!

I've emailed in this feedback too and attached a screen shot.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Many thanks

Rory

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Thanks for your feedback and candor, @roryduffy27. We switched to the newer image editor because the old one was flash-based. Most modern browsers do not support Flash out-of-the-box or recommend installing it due performance and security issues, so we needed to move to an image editor solution that didn't use that.

Unfortunately, there were some features that were possible with Flash that are not with the new editor, although the new editor does have some features that weren't present in the old one (filters, etc).

Message 3 of 2