x

How do I edit images in a gallery?

I'm a newbie. I have figured out how to edit images (crop, enhance, etc) under Image function, but it doesn't look like I can do that under Gallery function. This is really a huge limitation if this is correct, since I picked Weebly for my portfolio. Have I missed something obvious or can anyone suggest a work around?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to edit Gallery images in the same way as the regular image element. Were you looking to crop the image? The gallery element will do some automatic cropping of all images if you want, so they're all squares or rectangles.

Message 8 of 7

This is extremely unfortunate.  Especially since now when images are uploaded to the gallery, Weebly seems to place them at random orientations.  

Will there be a fix to this?  

Message 8 of 7
Square

Hi @Paul997. The gallery shouldn't change the orientation of the image. Can you let us know which page your gallery is on and which image is not uploading properly? 

Message 8 of 7

Hello Bernadette, 

My page isn't a public one, would that matter?  When the images are uploaded to a gallery sometimes they are placed in an orientation that is completely different from the files that I have.  

This is a relatively new phenomenon. 

Thank you for responding and let me know if I can help. 

Message 8 of 7
Square

We can check in the editor. What is the page name the gallery is on? Are there currently pictures in the gallery that have switched orientation? 

Message 8 of 7

that's fine that the gallery automatically crops them to size, but we should at least have the function to pick the part of the picture that it crops to. It's a bit ridiculous that we can't even choose the portion of the picture that we want to be shown.

Message 8 of 7