x

How to un-grey sub navigation menus

So, Weebly has been pretty useless in this regard. Looking for more help. If you go to my website - www.gregmasonburns.com - you'll see that I have a navigation menu. If you hover over one of the options (say "Projects and Works") and without moving your mouse, you see the sub-navigation menu open up. However, it is completely greyed out. If you move your mouse down, then you see in dark boxes each of the options. However, I don't want people to have to scroll over each option to see what options are there. I want them to see all options immediately.

edit: screen shot provided below

I didn't actually set it this way originally. Something happened when weebly updated quite a while ago. I'm pretty busy and haven't had a chance to really dig into the html to change this greyed-out result. What I want is when someone hovers over "projects and works" that they see all the possible options at the same time without having to move or scroll the mouse. 

I tried asking weebly where the sub-navigation html heading is, and they don't know. Changing the sub-navigation in the theme editor does nothing as well. Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Thanks for the help.
PS - weebly support says it's not possible to make this change at this time, but hey, if enough people vote on it this useless "feature" can be changed.

Message 1 of 10
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hi Gmburns2000,

Try adding this code under Settings > SEO > header code, hit save and then publish, then check from the live site. 

<style>

span.wsite-menu-title { 
color: black !important;

</style>

Let me know if you have any issues. 

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 10

Best Answer

Hi Gmburns2000,

Delete the code you added earlier, and add this new code. Settings > SEO > header code. 

<style>

span.wsite-menu-title { 

}

#wsite-menus .wsite-menu li a:hover {

background-color: white !important; }

</style>

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Message 11 of 10

@gmburns2000:  why such hostility towards people who are giving you a free website that you have managed to link with your own domain?  With that tone few would be interested in helping you.

If you think you are capable of doing it find the time and fix it.

Message 11 of 10

Uh, they didn't help at all, and I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find the correct heading - that's why I asked. With the change to how the HTML is layed out, I've made multiple changes to the color codes and haven't found that specific one. I didn't change the HTML headings at all, just the colors. With the new layout, I can't find the heading. It seems as if Weebly would know.

Message 11 of 10

It looks like you've added HTML/CSS to your site that is overriding the theme's actual code. While I can't help you pinpoint where two pieces of code are clashing, there are a few community members that might be able to help.

@BJ@MTpockets - can you add anything here?

Thanks for your patience while we take a look for you, @gmburns2000.

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 11 of 10

Thank you, greatly appreciated.

Message 11 of 10

Best Answer

Hi Gmburns2000,

Try adding this code under Settings > SEO > header code, hit save and then publish, then check from the live site. 

<style>

span.wsite-menu-title { 

</style>

Let me know if you have any issues. 

Message 11 of 10

That did it, thanks! Is there anyway to get rid of the black when scrolling over each individual box? Is the black in the script the text or the box highlight?

Message 11 of 10

Best Answer

Hi Gmburns2000,

Delete the code you added earlier, and add this new code. Settings > SEO > header code. 

<style>

span.wsite-menu-title { 

}

#wsite-menus .wsite-menu li a:hover {

background-color: white !important; }

</style>

Message 11 of 10

Perfect., thanks. That did it.

They've changed the coding language since I built the site. I don't know this "newer-to-me" language so well, so this helped a lot. Thank you!

Message 11 of 10