x

I'm so angry with this weebly/square merger.

I have been having such frustrations with this entire merger. We had an entire online store through weebly, and now to get the same features as we paid for in weebly we have to pay $72 on Square which is ridiculous! Now they expect us to somehow manage two different websites and an entire brick and mortar. On top of now having to pay for footer editing ON BOTH SITES, we now have to pay more for a second domain, have customers constantly exit the weebly site to access the online store. You can't even post any information pages on products and allowing customers to seamlessly add things to the cart while exploring more information on the same page. It's constant in and out of the site. This is becoming stupidly expensive and stupidly difficult in it's use for no reason!

The square editor is so bland and nothing compared to the design ability of weebly, so why buy the company if you didn't want to keep the design platform? Weebly was SO EASY to use as a builder and I was told as a response of getting the new square store is that the square site featured better functionality. Why not create your own shopping platform and leave weebly alone? Absolutely useless and infuriating to build an entire weebly site, categorize hundreds of products, then now essentially having to rebuild a new square website, CATEGORIZE THE SAME PRODUCTS AGAIN AFTER WEEBLY, THEN AGAIN WE HAD TO DO IT IN THE SQUARE POS SYSTEM FOR A NEW SQUARE ONLINE STORE and then have to post multiple external links to get out of weebly and into a checkout page?

In the entire year I have been trying to work with this site, how much I have invested in using both companies.. it's infuriating to have to be dealing with these issues with such delay and lack of communication from both companies. Month's and month's of investing time, making sure to call before making my next step, asking questions, all for this circus. I'm so angry I'm shaking and almost in tears over this entire ordeal. I've been on and off the phones with representatives for months, from trying to get into square's cbd program from over a year ago, asking questions before even investing money into a square POS system. I wanted easy integration and inventory tracking of our store front and website, and now I have to start back at square one? Categorize over a thousand different products AGAIN after doing this for the pos system, build an entirely new checkout web page and constantly move links over to the weebly site. None of this makes sense. It's so asinine.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0