x

Is Weebly filtering the referral traffic in the stats dashboard?

Hello Weebly, I remember someone asking for the referring sites stats to be filtered in the dashboard a while back,

as I am no longer seeing referrals from adult sites, spammers, and spiders ending in ".ru"

What a relief! Now only the more pertinent referrers are showing in my stats.

Good stuff!  Thanks!

Kind regards John

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Hello John! Good to hear your referrals are less cluttered. They certainly come and go, though I'm not aware of any active filtering that's come on from our end.

Message 4 of 3

I believe the majority of the stats for my website are referral spam. For instance, the Weebly dashboard shows 17 views for today but Clicky.com shows zero (Google Analytics has shown zero the other times I've checked). I don't promote my website (currently working on this) so I know I shouldn't have this much traffic. This is irritating because I want to see accurate (or somewhat accurate) stats; I want to know if real people are visiting my site. I've seen other posts that say referral spam is harmeless but doesn't it slow down the website's bandwith? Can Weebly apply filters or do something to reduce referral spam? Is there a way to make January's stats disappear so I can only see February? Thanks.

Message 4 of 3