x

Love some feedback on my site! All are welcome

Hello all, 

I really like working with Weebly and the basic funcationality of our site.  But I'd love some feedback on what tools we can add.  The site is www.3westdesign.com .  

But I need to show an area where people can put testimonials about our bike saddle and I'd like to add a place where women can take a survey to help us build the perfect women's saddle.  Any thoughts on how I could accomplish where people can see it without having to scroll down - or is that the point?

Just trying to make it better.. 

Thanks!

Jon

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

OK Jon you asked for it.........

it is a nice looking site.  Clean with not much clutter.  You have used same image and same header style all over.  It is bit confusing when I click the navigation.  I do not know if the new page is loaded or I did not click hard enough.  You may want to purchase a testimonial slider app from the app center.  They are less than $10. Now the big one. R U ready?  It is my personal opinion that the home page should basically convey your whole story in 15 seconds or less.  If you were to condense key points of your interior pages on home page then as a visitor I know what you are about, what you do and what you sell.  If I am interigued I may visit other pages.

Message 2 of 3

I agree with Boba. It took me a bit of digging to really understand your product. It definitely took more than 15 seconds. Unless I was REALLY interested in changing my bicycle seat, I may have already moved on before I figured out your product.

On Why our Saddle, change the formatting so everything is flush left. The ragged left or centered text in the lower half is really hard to read. The change was distracting. I would add a blank line after the title for more white space. On the split nose, I would tweak and format it something like this for readability.

We interviewed a number of (primarily) Triathletes to get their thoughts on split nose saddles. A few things came up.  First, it's not great, but it's better than other tri saddles.

Four issues:

1. The nose is too wide, causing chafing and an odd pedal stroke.
  2. The mid-section is too wide rubbing on the inter thigh.  
  3. Having no support in the cut out area causes discomfort (what we consider) pooling of blood.
  4. Still a flat saddle that causes the a fore mentioned flat saddle problems.

If it's not working for you, give us a shot. 

Avoid bolding large blocks of text. It decreases readability. Save it for emphasis (like four issues, above).

Would women want to use this saddle? This page is aimed only at men. You also have a typo (no were instead of nowhere).

On my screen, when you say diagram to the right, I see what looks like a photo, rather than a diagram.

On Active Surface, you are relying on people to watch a video to tell your story. But, many folks might want to check out your site at work. If they do not have headphones, they may not want to watch a video and advertise to colleagues (or supervisors) that they are not working. Have a transcript written out or indicate you have added closed captions to the video (and they can then watch with sound off).

On The Fit, the text is all bolded and is in a pale grey. I found it hard to read as well. You do not want to have a comma in the first sentence here.

The new video page notes a document was removed by owner. I would make sure whatever is displaying this gets yanked or restore the document. 

The layout of the reviews page is not good. Unlike the rest of the site, this page feels cluttered. You need more white space between reviews to highlight what goes with what. I would make sure that you have these reviews open in a new window. When I clicked Alex's story, a Word doc opened and the site was closed. 

The About Us page also has bolded grey text which is hard to read. 

First Responder discount - very cool idea. Don't apologize at all for this by saying it may not be a popular view. While some have issues with law enforcement, few seem to have issues with fire fighters and paramedics. Just offer your support ad provide a discount. Do you have another pic of the ride on the ranch? Swap that into the header. It looks too much like the main page at first. 

Hope you find this feedback helpful. You have the bones of a great site and with only a little work, I think you will find it even better.

Dave

Message 4 of 3