x

NO RESPONSE AFTER TAKING UNAUTHORIZED MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT

Let's get this clear - I love weebly for the website builder it provides and have never actually has any trouble navagating it but teh service is appalling - I have tried to use for the first time and I have used weebly for over 2 years now. The one time I ask for help I get NO RESPONSE and I have contacted them twice regarding the refund of 49.95 which was $72!!! NZD for an email address I never used or agreed to. I am very disappointed and now want a full refund of my website, my domain name and my incorrectly charged amount and I will be taking my business elsewhere unless this is resolved soon. I am expanding my business soon and was willing to get all the bells and whistles on my website but if this is the kind of "support" I am to expect then I WILL NOT be using you ever again or recommending you like I have been for 2 years.

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello! Sorry for the stress. It doesn't look like we've received any requests from your account since 2015. I've gone ahead and refunded the recent payment here, and if you'd like anything further taken care of, certainly let us know!

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hello! Sorry for the stress. It doesn't look like we've received any requests from your account since 2015. I've gone ahead and refunded the recent payment here, and if you'd like anything further taken care of, certainly let us know!

Message 11 of 10

Thank you for getting back to me and refunding that - a huge weight off my shoulders. I put through 3 requests with my email to be contacted - Unsure why it didn't work.

Maybe look into that as I was never contacted and it sux to have to get hold of support through this.

Thank you for your help, despite the lag in time

Message 11 of 10

I am glad that Weebly refunded you for whatever they were never supposed to charge you in the first place. I would just like to take a moment to point out that this is one of the great advantages to using Paypal. When a company takes funds without providing a service, or rolls over a subscription you never even knew you were signed up for, paypal will rip it right back out of their grubby hands when you call and complain about unauthorized charges. Its a nice safety net to use Paypal when dealing with less than scrupulous companies. 

Message 11 of 10

@Creature, I would add to that one more recommendation just for our Weebly users... be sure to use the Account tab in the Dashboard to make note of what is set for auto-renewal, what is not, and the expiration dates for each service.

Message 11 of 10

I'm in the exact same boat, I've only been using weebly a brief amount of time, but in less than 2 weeks, have had an additional charge for 65 AUD for a service I did NOT request. And all my attempts to contact support have been met with silence. This doesn't seem like an isolated issue, it simply seems like a company taking advantage, then burying it's head in the sand.

Message 11 of 10

Hello! Sorry for the trouble, that charge has been refunded here. Just to be sure you're aware, the G Suite service would have a charge attached to it, and it does renew after the trial is complete. If you don't intend to use it, we'd highly recommend cancelling the service in your My Services menu before the trial period is over.

Message 11 of 10

I have had a similar problem. I was using a Weebly web site platform and email but after about a half year of a year's subscription, was unable to post. When it expired, I decided to run an experiment, taking a month of service for $18. I was unable to use the email service and just let that expire. To my surprise, I found that Weebly is still charging me. The owe me the last $18 as a refund and they need to stop taking unauthorized payments from my credit card. (My bank will not allow me to suspend this payment.)

I was unable to contact anyone at Weebly but hopefully this will be noticed.

My only other option is to cancel my credit card because my bank likes Weebly more than me.

Message 11 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @DonHank

I was able to process a refund for the last charge and ensure the service was cancelled so it will no longer charge you. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 10

Thanks! I see that the money was returned on Aug 31.

Message 11 of 10