x

No App Center in designer

Really dissapointed. I have built over 25 sites with weebly over the years & whilst I love the platform I have no choice but to move over to other platforms that currently offer apps since you dont offer any on the designer platform & clients are accustomed to all the new features out there which I cant offer on weebly.

When you get your act together let us know & we will be back but this should really be made a priority for designers. Im sure im not the only one who has left weebly for now.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Sorry to hear you're in that situation, @designedge273. We have a path in place to bring apps to the Designer Platform, although I don't have a timeline for how long that will take place. We'll communicate this all to you ahead of time through emails or blog posts, though. 

Message 4 of 6

Totally agree!!! We have over 75 sites live with weebly and have been asking for this for over 2 years now...can't wait any longer!

So yes, we're going to move to the competition and we're going to move all our sites over as well.

So dissapointed that the business owners/directors/mangers/software development heads don't see that they're going to lose all us fabulous designers who pay them way more then an individual client.

C'est la vie

Message 4 of 6

Same here! That, along with the limited themes they offer, Weebly is NOT providing us with too many reasons to stay! I'm VERY seriously considering moving future clients to a different platform, and eventually phasing my existing clients out of Weebly as soon as possible. I wish now I had stuck it out with Wordpress!

Message 5 of 6

This is seriously starting to irk me.  

As a designer we get revenue from 4 areas:

• One Time Cost
    • Project Websites Design and set-up
  • Recurring Revenue
    • Hosting
    • CMS Access 
    • Support

Recurring Revenue is what helps us stay a float and pay bills between projects, Consultants go through these periods of time on occasion. 

Now that I can't get the apps on my Designer Platform I have to Set-up standard sites on weebly for my customers. 

That takes away my Hosting and CMS access cost, because the White Label is gone. 

Not very good. I don't want to seek alternatives but I might have too. 

Message 6 of 6

Sorry for my language here, but why the hell would apps NOT be available in the Designer platform? I'm just as bummed as the rest of the people in this forum. I've waited long enough, I'm going to have to move to a different platform at the end of the month if this isn't resolved or AT LEAST give us a DATE!! Come on. 

Seriously. 

Message 7 of 6