Employee Moderator

Re: Password Protect individual pages

That's an awesome tool you've created! It looks like it will be quite useful for some of our Community members.

Scholar

Thanks guys.

Not applicable

This is a nice tool. However, it is not secure at all. If you click the view source on the page, the passwords and the links to the hidden pages are visible. I was looking for something with an extra level of security. What you have done is still pretty cool.

Thanks for the password suggestion @MikeMaycock. This is a great workaround for my intended use. One question: Could you assist me in revising the code to contain three options instead of two? Your time and knowledge are appreciated.

Highlighted
Scholar

Hi NostalgicSoul,

I've modified the password login code to allow for infinite password entries. Simply download the code from the website and open it in notepad.

Note 1: The code now checks a list of valid passwords. If a valid password is entered, the associated website is opened. If an invalid password is entered, an error message is displayed.

Note 2: Search the code for laura, molly, katie or chris and you should be able to follow the code.

Note 3: If you want to set up more password/sites links, simply add a valid password to the list and then copy/paste/edit an existing website call.

Hope this helps.

Yours, 

Mike

Scholar

PS: This was originally a quick & dirty fix to the problem of password protecting individual web pages as Weebly were "considering" adding the facility.

You are awesome @MikeMaycock. Greatly appreciate your taking the time to work this out. It is perfect for what I am doing. One last thing; if you can't do it, no problem. Is there a way to have the target website open in the same window as opposed to opening a new one? This is more out of preference than necessity, so it is no big deal. Thanks!

Scholar

Hi NostalgicSoul,
As requested, I've modified the code to open the called website in the current window. I've re-loaded the code on the website (http://passwordlogin.weebly.com - bottom-left). Simply download it and embed it in your own Weebly page.

Perfect! I noticed you added '_self' to the line specifying which website to open. I am new to writing HTML and learning new stuff everyday. Thanks for your assistance!