x

Problems With Mobile Checkout-credit card numbers are transposed

I recently discovered that the checkout isn’t working properly on mobile and it’s costing me a lot in missed sales. 78% of my customers find my site through their mobile devices so i decided to try to make a purchase on my site using my phone to see if there was a problem affecting my sales. There is indeed a huge problem. When you type in the credit card numbers the system transposes the numbers so they are out of order. The order cannot be completed because the credit card number is wrong. I’m sure I’ve lost many customers because of this issue. I contacted weebly right away and the rep was very nice and she was able to replicate the problem on their end, however weebly could not fix the problem right away. The issue was sent to a senior support team for further investigation.

I was told that I was the only person who had called regarding this issue, but it seems unlikely that I’m the only weebly customer experiencing this problem. Is anyone else having this issue? Check your mobile checkout function, I think other merchants may not be aware that they are losing sales in this way.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @jpadi. It looks like this was escalated to our engineering team so they can fix it. Thank you for your patience!

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for posting about this checkout issue. There were multiple issues with mobile checkout last year as well. Weebly needs to report these issue to their customers to let them be aware of these problems. Otherwise it comes off as really shady and bad business practices by a site builder that has customers that entrust that their shops are running properly.  It is really disappointing to see yet another mobile checkout issue on Weebly this year. 

Message 5 of 6
Square

Thank you for alerting the community about this! I'm really sorry this happened to you right around the holidays. It looks like a member from our senior tech team reached out on Thursday with an update for you. I was also able to test this out on my Android device and I did not run into any problems. I hope this means everything is resolved, but please let us know if you continue to experience an issue. 

Message 5 of 6

I've been telling weebly about this issue for months and they blame it on the type of operating system the customer is using. Whether that be chrome, safari, or firefox or whatever. It doesn't matter. I've had 4 people contact me this week alone saying they can't check out and it's annoying. I'm also wondering how many sales i've lost because of this. thank god i have a back up shopping cart through ecwid is all i have to say. it's sad though to think of how many sales i've lost from customers who do not know how to contact me 

Message 7 of 6
Square

Sorry to hear you are having troubles as well. It looks like you are using the same payment processor as jpadi. Are you saying your customers are having issues through desktop devices? I believe his issue was checking out on Android mobiles.

Message 7 of 6