x

Search Does not work

I've reported this for over a year already, but why not, I'll report it again.

I have 22 items that are spider related items in my shop.

When a customer visits my site and enters "spider" into the search,

only 12 results appear.

Just to prove this is a WEEBLY error. If I enter "spider"into the search

bar in my weebly store editor, I get 22 results. 

Weebly, please fix the lame excuse for a search bar that you are 

providing users or get rid of it. Who knows how many sales I have 

missed out on because of someone not being able to find 

something in my shop because they used the jacked up 

search bar that didn't show them what they were looking for

Also, why can I not limit the search bar to what it actually searches. I only want the search bar to search my category and product pages. I don't want the search to return results from other areas of my website. Why are there NO controls? 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Hello Creature!

We did encounter an indexing issue a few days ago that could cause results similar to what you've detailed here. The root cause should be fixed now. If you're still seeing any issues, though, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd submit a ticket to our support team.

Message 4 of 20

@Queso This is still not fixed and has been going on for OVER A YEAR.  Why is this STILL not working? How can weebly claim to make selling online easy for people with the order queue in shambles as it is? The search doesn't work, there is no way to organize by status and KEEP IT THAT WAY, there isn't even the item or photo of what the customer ordered listed in the preview order queue. It is next to impossible to manage shipments through weebly.  I just searched for snake and all it is showing are orders that have already shipped and not showing any pending orders AT ALL. PLEASE REALLY FIX IT! 

Message 4 of 20

SEARCH STILL DOES NOT WORK

I searched for "Snake" in my orders and it showed only shipped returns. I have multiple "pending" orders that have the word SNAKE right there in the title of the listing and yet the search algorithm is oblivious to any of those orders. Why is the search on the orders page still not working? I work on designs in batches many times and it is absolutely necessary for me to be able to search for key terms that are in the title of my listings within my order queue to help me complete my orders and ship as quickly as possible. Why is this bug still part of the order queue interface?  I reported it in JUNE OF 2017 and that wasn't even the first time I encountered it. 

@Queso

@Adam

@Bernadette

Message 21 of 20
Square

Hi there. There is a current bug being worked on that addresses this. We're really sorry for the inconvenience! I'm creating a support ticket for you so that you will be updated once the engineers have a resolution. Is it okay to send to the email address on file? @Creature

Message 21 of 20

Thanks, @Bernadette   I am really looking forward to this being fixed so I can use it again to help me organize my workflow. I really appreciate your response. Yes, please send me a ticket to my email on file so I can receive info about updates to this bug. Thanks!

Message 21 of 20
Square

You're welcome! Will send it to you right now. 

Message 21 of 20

I have just added a search to my site and it is not finding anything.  Has this problem been resolved?

Message 21 of 20
Square

Sorry for the trouble, @Revival-wellnes. I'm guessing a re-index of your site will fix that - I've started one for you and it should complete with a few hours or so.

Message 21 of 20

Hi,

My search bar does not show anything at all, i've inputted many different combinations and tags to try and find pages, but nothing comes up. Can someone help is there something else i need to to to make the search bar work?

Thanks

Message 21 of 20
Square

I've started a re-index of your site for you, @Bazzabingbong. It can sometimes take a little while to complete, but once it does it should resolve that for you.

Message 21 of 20

Ok, thanks Adam, i'll give it a couple of days then, see what happens

Message 21 of 20

The search bar isn't pulling up anything on my site. Can you tell me how the search bar pulls info/posts? Will it pull tags from a calendar app I have, Tockify? Will it pull category tags? I can't find anything when I search, super frustrating. 

Thank you. 

Message 21 of 20
Square

Hi @christinabboyer I'm not 100% sure on the app, but we can take a look and see if we are able to pull any results. What is the name of the site, please?

Message 21 of 20

Can you re-index my site too please?  No matter what I search for, I only ever see 1 item returned.  My site is cthnrg.org

Message 21 of 20
Square

I started that index for you. What is a sample product that we can test in a bit? 

Message 21 of 20

Is there any way you can "re-index" my site as well? I'm having the same problem of the search bar not working properly no matter what I do.

the site is merchantofwine.com

thank you!

Message 21 of 20
Square

Sure thing, @MerchantOfWine I've started the index for you. Please allow 24-48 hours for the update. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 20

any time someone tries to do a search on my site it goes to a 404 not found page. As well as ever since I added a "splash" page to my site for a search bar. My WHOLE template changed and I CAN'T change it back. 

Message 21 of 20
Square

I'm checking with our engineering team for an update, @miller; there is a bug ticket open about this for some sites that are seeing this.

Message 21 of 20