x

Untrusted Weebly SSL certificate

This is a major issue.  For weeks now I have been unable to log in to weebly.com in order to edit my web sites.  Many other BT customers have the same problem. Error message says that the weebly SSL certificate / authentication is not trusted.  BT says it is weebly's fault, and weebly says it is BT's fault.  At last, I tried going to BT security settings and turning off BT web protect.  Suddenly I could get at the weebly web site again.  But I want web protect on, not off.  So this is a major issue.  This only happens with the weebly site.  Every other web site is accessd OK. Can you please sort it out with BT?  Otherwise you are going to have many more very angry customers.......

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately Brian, that is nothing new.  Many third party apps and specially the free ones do to work with weebly.  They have something to do with internal java calls.

Perhaps it is something British Telecom is pushing as a value added feature for free to attract customers.  In US most ISPs have something like that as a standard feature.

And I do tend to agree with Weebly.  It has something to do with BT's end.  In reality they can easily fix it - just let Weebly records go through.  I am even surprised that they just have off/on button.  and you yourself can not customize it.

As an alternative you may want to consider McAfee secure badge for your site(s).  It is free and may work OK for low volume users.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you Boba -- sounds a bit counterproductive if BT is encouraging people to switch on web protect, and then have lots ofpeople hassling them because of web site blockages!!  The question is --am I more vulnerable with web protect off?

Message 5 of 5

Are you more vulnerable? I can not answer that.  It all depends on your browsing habit.  I am very sensitive.  I just don't loiter on the web.  I have two computers - one for casual use and one for my sensitive work.  In addition, I have McAfee secure search (free) that warn me if the site is fishy.  I have Ghostry (free) that blocks all the tracking cookies.  I also flush out cookies every time I close the browser, and I run virus checks frequently.

Message 5 of 5

I think weebly has zero intention of matching to the domain to resolve the error - they are just charing clients for an invalid Cert.

Message 6 of 5