x

Very unhappy with Weebly.

imageMy sketch of Sir Ian McKellan looking exasperated at Weebly for not sorting out their image editor issues.

Basically, Weebly is saying "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Unbeknownst to me and many others few weeks ago Weebly decided to change/update it's image editor. They didn't tell anyone that this wonderful updated feature would stop working for so many of its customers, they didn't bother to tell us that actually you can clear cache, change browsers, try to edit your site and upload new photos to your header until you go blue in the face or implode (which ever happens first), and that no matter how many times you do it, it WILL NOT WORK!

At one point I had to bite my lip and stop myself from completely losing it, when one of weebly's ever so not helpful advisers condescendingly showed me the button I needed to press to edit or upload pictures!!!! WTH?

I KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD IMAGES for godsake! I'm an illustrator with a Weebly illustration website, all I ever do is upload images! How the hell did they think I constructed my website?!

I have been pulling my hair out. I utterly depend on my website for my illustration business, for getting commissions, showcasing my work, for actually making a living! Now, because of Weebly, I cannot edit my site at all, I can't change or upload a **bleep** thing, and all I get from Weebly is weak advice, clear cache, change browser, try standing on your head while singing in the rain!

No one is actually HELPING! No one is actually fixing anything. What's worse is discovering today, after wasting days, weeks, trying to solve the problem myself, that actually the problem is nothing to do with me, but with Weebly updating a new image editor that is not compatible with many of its customers!!! Thank you Weebly! Smiley Sad

I now find that so many others having the same problem with me, are either closing down their websites or being forced to change the themes of their websites because Weebly's wonderful new image editor doesn't support old themes (presumably like mine). WTH?

I cannot overstate how much stress, worry and upset this has caused and how much damage. I depend on my illustration website for work, it has to be professional and uploaded with my latest work and now I can't use it at all. Smiley Sad

Very fed up, angry and cheesed off with Weebly. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello Sophie!

Sorry about the image difficulties you've been dealing with. It's always frustrating when you can't put your site to good use, especially when it affects your professional work. We'll definitely be glad to help however we can from here to get your images flowing again. As I mentioned earlier, I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with our support team when you can, as they can get into more detailed checks, and get to the bottom of what's going on, and how we can solve it.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you Queso, you are the first helper who actually seems to want to help rather than patronise. I am still reeling from 'helper' Adam showing me a screen shot of my website and the edit/upload image button saying I needed to push that button to upload images. *facepalm* How did he think I uploaded all the rest of my images if I was so stupid that I didn't know how to press the edit/upload button? That sort of condescending 'mansplaining' is not only REALLY not helpful but only serves to infuriate those customers who are already experiencing stressful problems with Weebly and have done all the clearing cache, changing browser etc etc stuff.

So thank you Queso, you actually seem like a human being not a bored automaton. I may not be the most IT savy customer, but neither am I an idiot. I just want to be able to use and edit my illustration website and the largest part of that is being able to edit headers and upload new illustration work on a regular basis to showcase my work to clients. Without that function the website is useless to me and as I depend on it for my work, you can imagine how stressful this has been.

I understand I use an older theme on my website and some are saying that the new image editor isn't compatible with older themes, I hope that is not the case, as I specifically want that theme and set up for my website.

I hope you can help.

Sophie E Tallis Illustrations

Message 5 of 5

Couldn't agree more - most unfriendly and frustrating compared to WIX

Message 5 of 5

Oh Matie Me too. I have other posts maybe you can see I hope but will mtell you more soon. was my lifes blood for me-

regards Deb More soon Pal.

Message 6 of 5