x

Weebly support sucks, do you agree?

Whenever there is a problem with the site editor.. that usually is often and frequent... you want to write a support ticket...and now you have lame suggestions of crappy resources that you are forced to peep into and get more stressed and confused. Is this the ship going down. What do you think guys?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

I'll bite on this. I have been using Weebly for I want to say about 5 years now. In this 5 years I have ran into multiple issues and honestly none of them I was able to get support with. In the beginning the issue weren't really a big deal and I just found ways around them, but now that I have invested so much time and energy adding new product I feel trapped. Do to the errors and inability to modify the things I need to and now with the new Tax Calculator not calculating California state/county taxes correctly, I wish I had just moved on from Weebly years ago.

For a small start up who just sells something here and there, Weebly is fine, but for a company actaully moving quite a bit of product Weebly is not a good platform to use. The support and tools are just not there. They do get back to me, but getting back to me is one thing, actaully being able to make a fix to something that doesn't work right, this just doesn't happen.

So YES, at this point with the experience I have had thus far, Weebly's support system without a doubt sucks.

Message 8 of 37

"For a small start up who just sells something here and there, Weebly is fine, but for a company actaully moving quite a bit of product Weebly is not a good platform to use."

You may have hit the nail. 

Perhaps Weebly is not a big commerce or woo commerce type platform.  It does have limitations.  If some one is trying to set up a site to sell  stuff and more stuff for about $1/day you may be in for a treat.  You may have out grown Weebly.  

Message 8 of 37

I felt as if Weebly would keep pace and basically grow along with my business. To a certain degree they have, but I'm not sure their support system has gotten any better. Long term this is crucial to Weebly's success. I would say I like the Weebly concept, but the execution of it has been very much so so. In terms of Weebly growth, it would appear they need to focus on making the right investments and perhaps maybe their current focus is cost savings, which will continue to hurt them.

Message 8 of 37

And here it is 2020, and it's only gotten worse! I don't know what customer service model they're trying to implement but it seems that cost savings is high on their list.

Message 8 of 37

I have noiticed the Weebly site gives instructions to Add SSL to secure your sites, but each time I have tried it won't update.  This I tried ages ago and found it almost impossible to contact anyone or find a solution.

How on earth can they get away with such poor treatment of their customers and I might add I have been with them for many years and have found the service has gone downhill plus you can't find prices listed as they were earlier.  If people are accessing my sites, they are being irresponsible to their clients.

Message 8 of 37
Square

Sorry to hear you are having trouble enabling the SSL. What happens when you try to add it and what is the full url of the site? 

Message 8 of 37

@bobafettlol your comment could not be more spot on! What I came here to say actual indirectly supports it. It's nice being on the same side for a change.

I'm weighing in because this exposes a secondary issue that has been somewhat of an issue and it's this disrespectful approach. Let me preface this by saying that the reasons stated are partially why as I dev I don't recommend weebly at all for people who are going to hire someone to maketheir site. That is to say my bias, if anything, tends to be on the opposite side that I'm cureently taking so something is really messed up when someone defends the other side.

Think about what you hope to accomplish, then write.

Weebly can obviously be outgrownd and that really shoud have been obviouls to anyone who had any dreams  of becoming the next amazon or eve TigerDirect. of something.But to post the subject titles that some of you post in Weebly's own forum is just classless and disrespectful. I realize there's a long cord separating you from anyone you're angry with that prevencts you from being punched for mouthing off like a child but that really doesn't provide any licesnse for doing so. Think about whatat you hope to accomplish.

Loose canons draw attention to their own problems

Taking a poll iin a comment only forum does very little in terms of sending an effective message and people generally don't read muchless take the side of someone who seems like a loose canon. It makes us all wonder what part you played that likely exacerbated the situation. I logged in because I have the material I needed for my next two articles, one of which was for people who have out grown weebly and need to host on their own. Just advice, resources and how Weebly can still be an asset and alternatives you have to using it rather than competing with your own ecommerce website. Honestly though if this is the kind of person I'd be writing it for then I think I would rather post it somewhere else.

Take some notes from Martin Luther. Don't be rude or obscene. Be clear, professional an thorough. State your problem, explain what you were expecting. and suggest the change that will make your futuer experience more pleasent. You'd be surprised at how much better support you get not just from Weebly but the community and other places as well.

Message 9 of 37

I AGREE!  I HAVE HAD SEVERAL wEEBLY PRO SITES FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT I'M SO FRUSTRATED WITH THE WAY 'SUPPORT' STUFFS ME AROUND AND SENDS ME IN CIRCLES WHEN I NEED HELP THAT I'M SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING GOING TO WORDPRESS OR BACK TO WIX.  

@Dzogchin wrote:

Whenever there is a problem with the site editor.. that usually is often and frequent... you want to write a support ticket...and now you have lame suggestions of crappy resources that you are forced to peep into and get more stressed and confused. Is this the ship going down. What do you think guys?

Message 13 of 37

@cobberdogs wrote:

I AGREE!  I HAVE HAD SEVERAL wEEBLY PRO SITES FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT I'M SO FRUSTRATED WITH THE WAY 'SUPPORT' STUFFS ME AROUND AND SENDS ME IN CIRCLES WHEN I NEED HELP THAT I'M SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING GOING TO WORDPRESS OR BACK TO WIX. 

"Reiben, pay attention. Now, this is the way to gripe. Continue, Jackson." -Saving Private Ryan

The technique of inverted caps-lock might be up for debate in terms of effectiveness. Overall, great thouh. Clear outline of issue, non threatening explaination that current conditions will result in losing a faithful customer, as opposed to holding your membership hostage at the ransom of change demands.

@cobberdogsI'm sending you a PM. not to change your mind or talk on weebly's behalf, I'm not damage control if anyone is fooled by my promotion of respectful and helpful complaints. I've used a ton of different hosts and serve types as a developer (PHP). I just want to be helpful and maybe cut your research load in half or more. I'm unaffiliated and don't give a rats butt what you choose (don't have many great things to say about WordPress though... or WIX now that I really think about it, we snapped the security at wix like a twix. it was about as bad as that last line). Lets make the next move a stable fresh start. If you haven't recieved a message from me in a couple hours from this post it means I need to re-send so please send me a message because I have no way of seeing when some messages fail on weebly.

Message 13 of 37

Weebly customer support is non-existant. I have dealt with hundreds of hours of lost productivity from errors saving my work with Weebly websites. They don't care if you have trouble and I've never seen any of these problems solved. As a result, we have to keep multiple backups of our websites both in text and web formats. 

When creating/editing pages, we must back up our work every 5 minutes. Completely ridiculous!

Message 13 of 37
Square

Sorry to hear you feel that way, @harrelsontrumpe. I saw your other post about text not saving - this is a tough issue to assist with because we have a hard time reproducing what you're seeing. I'm not suggesting that it's not happening for you; I just mean that when we try to reproduce it to take it to our engineers we haven't been able to figure out the right combination of things. 

When you enter text into a text element, are you publishing immediately after that or clicking somewhere else on the page?

Message 13 of 37

Totally agree. This whole community site is also pointless. 

Message 17 of 37

Since I'm stuck paying pro plan with no website attached to it (and unable to do so) , noone to responding to my ticket or pick up the phone, yes I tend to agree. So far support has sucked more than any company I have wroked with. 

Message 17 of 37

I have to agree, that when the Support gets back to you, which might be days, the answers are not helpful.  I have had an issue for years, not being able to delete old files I posted up.  I have to manually generate a list, from the TINY files window in the files editor, then type them all into a support email, then eventually, thet will be deleted.  It's slow, inafficient and Weebly could do better.  I have suggested a way of doing the deletion by creating a "please lose these" window, but it's all to hard for the coders.  So much for development. I like the overall concept, but the execution is painful. 

By the by, spammers have found away around Capcha, as I am getting smam, again.  Again, keep up Weebly.  Just stop counting the dollars off your laurals and keep up.

Nick

Message 17 of 37
Square

Thanks for the feedback, Nick. The file delete issue is a super big pain point and I agree it would make everyone's life much easier if we could enable a setting for the user to delete from their end. I have very, very little coding knowledge so I don't even want to guess or speculate why it would take so long or be difficult to implement something like this, but I'm sure if it was an easy fix the developers would have addressed it already. 

Have you submitted a ticket regarding the spam issue? It's possible it may need to be confirmed by advanced support. 

Message 17 of 37

I agree completely.   Next site I'm using another company.   Good luck calling anyone.  Plan on being on hold forever.

Message 19 of 37
Square

Hi @Jacklaloony

I'm sorry to hear you had a long hold time. We are currently working on getting our handle times under control. Is there anything I can help you with?

Message 19 of 37

I agree.  This site has really dissapointed me.  I am ready to start all over again with a new website provider.  The website is hard to edit, and the support is lame and never helps.  I work with a bunch of people who use it and they all feel the same.  Not one of them could figure out how to solve my editing issues.

Message 26 of 37
Square

Very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our support crew. Although Weebly is meant to be a do-it-yourself platform our agents do their best to assist people if they are having troubles getting started. Have you ever checked out our Youtube channel? When I first started editing the "How'd They Do That" videos were the best tool for me as I worked through the learning curve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFZ-0HHO1I&list=PL7zsP07K6dN3Ae0GO0gS7jI4H1zxfJ512

But maybe I can help you out. Smiley Happy What is the editing issue you are having? 

Message 26 of 37

@Bernadette wrote:

Although Weebly is meant to be a do-it-yourself platform our agents do their best to assist people if they are having troubles getting started.

That's great - in theory.  But when things don't work it seems like there is nowhere to turn to for REAL help.

I have run into too many issues in our short time being hosted here and I'm already researching alternatives.  

The latest are - in January I sent in a ticket showing that our sub account can longer get to our store orders.  Still waiting to hear back on that one.  
After getting sick of how the Facebook login thing worked (didn't work) on our main account that COULD get to orders, I disconnected it following Weebly support page instructions.  Now we can't log in at all with our main account at all. The site suggests to do a password reset - but that doesn't work either - no e-mail is ever sent.   It's a freaking joke!

"Chat with us" sounds like it would be a chat window for help.   That's false advertsing;  It should read "Submit a ticket - only after we suggest all these things that don't pertain to the help you're looking for, and then wait for someone who doesn't understand the problem you're asking about."

So to answer the original poster of this thread.  Yes. YES.  YES!

Message 26 of 37