x

Why can't I have access to my blog posts in form of back up?

I recently tried to get backup of my blog hosted on weebly. I wanted to take backup of my Blog Posts, but in archive, I got incomplete blog posts. When I mailed and asked for support, they said that Blog posts aren't included in backup archive. Why? Don't I own my content? My all content should be included inside archive or backup. Weebly is not for blog writers, no markdown support, no control over content. No inbuilt code highlighting support. Big disappointment.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Blog post content is stored a little differently than regular pages, so isn't included like you've discovered. I saw that you posted this to our Vote on Features board, so I'll link it here for people to add kudos to:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Blog-Posts-should-be-included-inside-site-archive/i...

Message 5 of 5

I know this Adam, but when weebly prepares archive, weebly must provide posts in those archives. There is no point in getting archive of a blog without having posts in it. Seems like all weebly is trying to give me is back up of theme I have chosen, and what's point of it?

Message 5 of 5
Square

The backup includes all of the media you've uploaded to your site, as well as text on standard pages. It's meant as a personal back up of those types of files.

Message 5 of 5

Message 6 of 5