x

Why does Weebly not block known spammers?

It's perfectly possibleto block both email addresses and ISPs.

So WHY does Weebly:

• not provide a method for Weebly clients to report emails and IP addresses of people who spam Weebly websites
  • not then block the spammers from Weebly

Just think how big a service this would be and how appreciative customers would be if this were to be done.

In the meantime I've started a new folder in my gmail account to enable me to log all the weebly spam I get.....

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

We do have systems in place which help block automated spam, and we make updates to those to keep up with that. It's tough to stop human visitors from entering spam though - if you add steps to verify if someone is human, they'll just follow those steps and submit their junk.

It's annoying to get that kind of stuff, but I just delete it when I get it. To me, it's like getting junk letters in the regular. I just shred them and forget about it.

Message 3 of 3

First I have to ask, did you mean to say ISP (Internet Service Provider, e.g. Comcast)  or did you mean IP Address? Many people have the impression that that those are interchangable or that someone more, "technologically inclined" will always know what they mean. I personally prefer not to assume and just ask because this is a rare case (for me anyways) where both are actually relevent but play vastly different roles.

you may or may not be aware that While it is possible to block IP Addresses, a server spewing out spam will eventually just get blacklisted altogether (a form-to-mail submission caught in an infinite while loop (PHP) will accmoplish this quickly, I'm not saying anything more). On problem is that there is no official blacklist so no matter what list(s) an isp is going off of, it's always going to be incomplete and server domains and IP address's can change.

So I'm curious, what would be your method of blocking incomming spam from an email server when it has an ip-spoofer rotating through an unimaginable amount of different IP Adresses/domain, changing with each email?

Message 4 of 3