x

Zooming into my website automatically converts the layout to Mobile View.

Why when I zoom into my website does my view automatically get converted to the mobile view? This is horrible and not at all handicap friendly. How can I prevent my layout from switching from the desktop layout to mobile view when someone zooms in? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

This happens because browsers will treat this zooming like the window size is shrinking. Responsive sites base how they function on window size, so they respond accordingly. To get around that you'd want to use zooming features built into your computer's operating system rather than within the browser.

Message 4 of 3

Legal Issues

Some organisations are compelled to create accessible content by law. Like all legal matters, accessibility is extremely complex, so this article isn’t intended to replace legal advice. But there are some key pieces of legislation to be aware of if you’re in the US and UK, so we’ll look at them briefly.

• In the US, laws compel some businesses and educational establishments to ensure equal accessibility for all. The American Foundation for the Blind website describes the relevant sections of the Rehabilitation Act. Sections 504 and 508 are important.
Message 4 of 3