x

cant delete images from my web page

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

It looks like you're using an old, imcompatible browser. Can you switch to the newest version of Chrome or FireFox? Either of those should work better.

Message 3 of 20

Can you advise how I can delete photo from website.    Can't find 'element' to click on as I see you've advised someboy before about this.    Where is the word 'element' please?

Message 9 of 20

Usually, you can hover over the image, and use the X on the top right to delete it. If it is a background image, however, you will want to click the image, and edit the background.

Message 9 of 20

Ok but there is not a X on the image, and i cannot click on and selected then i cant do anything

Message 9 of 20
Square

What image are you not seeing an X with, @KA1?

Message 9 of 20

I have the same problem, spent already 1 hour just to remove a picture, there is no x if I hover over the picture and I tried with several browsers. If I click on the picture the menu that comes up only gives options to replace or edit but I simply want to DELETE it.

Message 9 of 20
Square

Sorry to hear that. What picture are you trying to remove, @Astrilian?

Message 9 of 20

In the edit mode, hover over the image to be deleted [do not click on it].  The element frame will become visible around the image.  Move mouse pointer to upper right hand corner of the element frame [there is an X there], now click on the X to remove the element [image] and confirm the deletion.

Message 21 of 20

Hi

I am just learning how to do this but have moved gallery to my page and set it up for 4 across. I have 7 images. 

The drag across gallery tool has given me space for  14 images. The spare boxes are filled with pics from the theme and I don't want them. 

The X is on the top corner of the whole lot. If I click that the whole lot will be deleted.

I am hovering but there is no response. It is driving me nuts. I basically want to remove cells from the grid.

Message 21 of 20
Square

Hi @lynfabian Can you post a link to your site, please? 

Message 21 of 20

If I do that it deletes a whole block of images. I want to remove just one. How do I do that?

Message 21 of 20
Square

Is this an image from a Gallery element that you want to remove, @ToddG?

Message 21 of 20

I'm having the same issue can not delete image from my page only option is to replace with background pic, please help

Message 21 of 20

I'm having the same problem. Hovering over the picture does nothing....and there is no X in the upper right corner of the picture to click on to delete it. I can only edit the picture or replace it with another.....I want to simply delete it!!!
Message 21 of 20
Square

Which image are you looking to remove, @RainTree? Is it the header image at the top of your home page?

Message 21 of 20

My god you never answer him just keep asking questions that arn't what he is asking. I have the same problem I click on an image-edit then there is no x on the right hand side. There is one on the left but all that does is close the image back down.

Message 21 of 20

Hey there - I read somewhere that optimizing file type and size will make my Weebly site load a bit faster. However, I can't find the media library anywhere on the backend. Can you point me in the right direction? So I can delete old/wrong file type images and replace with optimized ones?

Thanks!

Message 21 of 20
Square

Weebly does not have a media library. Are you just trying to replace the images that are currently on your site?

Message 21 of 20

I have the same problem. No way to delete, only to replace.  Only way round that I found was to use my graphics program to make a tiny white square, 2 pixels by 2 pixels, then used that to replace the image I no longer wanted to see.

Message 21 of 20