x

customers can't add items to cart or checkout

Hi everyone, the last 3 days I receive messages from customers who cannot checkout or add items to their cart. Some customers have been able to order, but others couldn't. I am missing out on orders Smiley Sad and I don't see any feedback here about this topic. 

Could this be mismatch for OS11 with Weebly ? I use OSX still & I can still see the cart and use it. 

www.westermanbags.com

Oh and by the way guys. It's 2018 now. Would this be the year in which Weebly will add Ideal payment? 

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Square

Hi there,

Can you post your site name? This will allow more users to give you feedback. Do you know if all of the affected customers were trying to access from the same type of device?

Message 17 of 37

I'm having the same problems poeple can't check out 

Message 17 of 37
Square

Do you know if they are getting some kind of error, @geanmitch?

Message 17 of 37

Thank you for your response Adam,  but it's seems to be working as of right now. 

Message 17 of 37

www.westermanbags.com

Apparently it occurs in all kinds of browsers.

But not in mine. 

Message 17 of 37
Square

I can't seem to replicate it either in any browser I try. Could you find out from one of the customers what browser, operating system, and device they are using? Sorry for the trouble!

Message 17 of 37

Hi, This problem still occurs. I have asked customers to give me feedback on this, awaiting their answer. What happens is the customer puts items in the cart and the cart is gone. No icon for cart visible. No one else with this problem? 

Message 17 of 37
Square

Thanks for trying to get that information from them. Hopefully we can narrow down what's happening with that.

Message 17 of 37

Have we received any feed back on this? I'm having the same problem on our site Workforyourbeer.com. It wont let me select a color or quanity and it wont let me add to cart.

Message 17 of 37
Square

Are you still seeing that, @melissamajka? There was an issue briefly yesterday that our operations team resolved which could have caused that.

Message 17 of 37

Adam, I have just been notified by a customer that they cannot add any items to their basket. My website is https://www.cottonwickcandle.co.uk Please help as I cannot see any issues from my end.

Message 17 of 37
Square

Hm.. I'm not seeing the issue either, @Elezebeth Do you happen to know more about the device/internet connection the customer is using? 

Message 17 of 37

Hi Bernadette, it turned out that the problem is caused by the cookies notification banner hiding the checkout button!

If a customer DOES NOT click on the "I accept cookies" button located in the webpage footer, the banner remains on screen thus hiding the checkout button. This is obviously a desgin flaw that needs fixing. why not relocate the cookie banner in the header, instead of the footer?

Message 17 of 37
Square

So sorry for not catching this yesterday. I've been fighting off a cold and am not 100% at the moment. Smiley Sad You can actually change the positioning of the banner and change the verbiage to be more specific about accepting cookies to checkout with Paypal. Please keep in mind, you are changing the verbiage with the knowledge that what you put will be GDPR compliant. To edit, please log into the editor, click Settings, then scroll to the bottom of the screen. 

Message 17 of 37

I am having the same issue.  Here is a video link of how it isn't working for me.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoRG9PMIkvc&feature=youtu.be  Any suggestioins would be appreciated.  I have worked for quite a while getting this set up and now it isn't working.  Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 37

We're having the same problem--customers can't add items to cart or checkout. I've replicated the problem in Internet Explorer (desktop), Firefox (desktop), Safari (mobile), and Chrome. I posted about this yesterday. I've got a ticket in with Weebly and am awaiting support.This happened after we uploaded a new category and products in the store. The site is

www.urbanadventuresquad.org

Thanks, Elana

Message 19 of 37
Square

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, Elana. I do see your request has already been escalated to our senior support team. An agent will be in contact with you as soon as they have more information. 

Message 19 of 37

hey. it's 2019 now and I still have this problem and don't know what to do. it's really frustrating and i've read the whole thread of comments without finding any solution. what do i do?

Message 38 of 37
Square

Hi @gabbysoriano Can you post a link to your site. If I recall this was a temporary issue and it's unlikely that your experience is related.

Message 38 of 37

I am having a similar problem with my cusomters. After they add an item to the cart, they click checkout and it says "There are no items in your shopping cart". The two that are currently having the problem are using safari on new iphones.

www.tacogfx.com click the "clothes" button

Message 38 of 37