x

Why is my printer printing two receipts for each sale?

When I check a client out my printer is printing 2 receipts after the sale. I don't see how to change this on the Square Platform under 'Settings'? Any advise would be appreicated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey @lulu90803, I tried re-produce it on my end, but I couldn't get it to print twice.

I recommend giving our Customer Success Team a call if you're still getting double prints. If it's a glitch in the app they will be able to have our Engineering Team look at it. 

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

if you have customer signs on printed receipt checked then it will print 2 copies.  or I believe if you have tipping turned on, but I don't use that feature.

Message 2 of 10

Nope, my customer signs on the screen never on the receipts. Thank you though.

Message 3 of 10

Hello @lulu90803 this is super weird. 

Are both receipts exact duplicates? Also have you checked to see if order tickets or order stubs are enabled under your printing options? 

Message 4 of 10

Hi Chad,

One receipt has my store image on it and the other doesn't but other then the imge they are exact duplicates.

The order tickets & order stubs are not enabled under the printing options.

Message 5 of 10

Square has started printing duplicate receipts with credit cards and single receipts with cash transactions. How do I stop this.

Message 6 of 10

Hello @beergoddess

Is one printed with your business logo and one without? Sort of like @lulu90803?

Message 7 of 10

Best Answer

Hey @lulu90803, I tried re-produce it on my end, but I couldn't get it to print twice.

I recommend giving our Customer Success Team a call if you're still getting double prints. If it's a glitch in the app they will be able to have our Engineering Team look at it. 

Message 8 of 10

Did this ever get resolved for you?  And if so, how?

Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

@kgranthambbb ;

I have my Star Receipt printer connected to my Ipad Stand as BOTH USB and Network and have the printer set to Manually print a receipt and I only get 1 Receipt.  I have my printer hooked up this way so if I loose internet and connect my Ipad to my Hotspot I can still print a receipt through USB.  

I also have the Receipt printer to print Manually not automatically.  Maybe if you have it set to print automatically it goes to print one and prints one you press to print one (manually).  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 10